Playing Ultima 7

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
ShannonG

Playing Ultima 7

Post by ShannonG »

I know this isn't Exult related, so I hope I'm not breaking the rules. I've decided to try and complete The Black Gate for the first time ever. I used to play Ultima 7 as a child, but was too caught up in all the freedom and ability to have fun without following the storyline. When I got Exult a few years ago, I once again got too caught up in the freedom, but also used the Exult features to my max (map editing, cheating etc)

So at the age of 20 I've still never completed it from start to finish without Exult add-ons.

Wish me luck!
bmac2112

Re: Playing Ultima 7

Post by bmac2112 »

I'm doing the same WITH Exult addons (like the keyring mod), but no cheats
ShannonG

Post by ShannonG »

Wait, let me rephrase that: I'll use Exult addons, but no cheats.

What is the keyring mod? :)
Petrell

Post by Petrell »

What is the keyring mod? :)
You can find the mod (as well as Serpent Isle Fixes and Avatar Pack) at Seven Towers

From mod readme:

The mod started out by adding a keyring to Black Gate. It has two new NPCs, several new items and graphics and the following things:
- You can now meditate at the Shrines of the Virtues.
- You can now view the Codex; you must be in a sacred quest, though.
- A brand new Shrine of the Codex, based on the one at the Mysterious Sosaria website.
- The three items of Principles (Book of Truth, Candle of Love and Bell of Courage), as well as the three Flames of Principles.
- Lock Lake Cleanup: Once Miranda's bill is signed, the Lake will be gradually cleaned up of garbage.
- A brand new Shrine of Spirituality and a basement for Serpent's Hold, where the Flame of Courage is located. Both are located in a new map, thus using Exult's Multimap support.
- An improved Orb of the Moons, allowing you to visit the shrines too.
- Innkeepers will reclaim the room keys when you are leaving the inn. They will also lock the doors and make the beds.
- The rudiments of a brand-new spellcasting system which allows NPCs to cast spells are now in place. Each NPC has his/her own spellcasting item which can be used to cast spells, and they will use mana and reagents. There are also some new NPC-only spells.
- The 'Iteractions' mod by Alun Bestor; you can bake pastries, forge swords, milk cows, shear sheep...
- The 'Avatar Pack' mod by yours truly, with several shiny new portraits for your avatar.
- NPCs can now cast spells too! The system is very rudimentary yet, being dialog based, but there are plans for major improvements in the future.
- Lord British now has his Crown Jewels. They don't do everything they could yet, but they are unbalanced already if you get your filthy hands on them.

Post by Mell »

can´t go to yew and the deep forest... it shows runtime error and the game closed... Why?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Mell, thanks for hijacking a thread.

Is your problem caused by the original? Then we can't help you.

Is it caused by Exult (and if do you have a mod installed?)? Then please see http://exult.info/faq.php#bug_report
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!