Hidden stuff in U7SI usecode

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Max aka Moscow Dragon

Hidden stuff in U7SI usecode

Post by Max aka Moscow Dragon »

The talk to cured Cantra is one well-known thing. Very well-known. Is there any Game Flag which governs it? Maybe patch the logic to cure the girl by Water of Ethicality?

Another one is talk to Julia the Ranger after release of the Banes. "Shamino the Anarch is our current Magelord, much better then the previous one" or similar. Never reproduced this in the game. The girl is dead, and I could not saw her alive after this.

Another one is the text of some scroll. Certificate issued by Shamino the Anarch, which allows (orders?) the bearer to commit some murder or other crime.

BTW - the real game contains the alive Ernesto the Ranger, who speaks on Shamino the Anarch as good (or at least not-so-bad) guy.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Hidden stuff in U7SI usecode

Post by Dominus »

There is some interesting thing to do in Exult after your companions get possessed by the banes:

Teleport to a spot OUTSIDE of the major cities (in a house so roofs are not visible) and save. Now go to the cities and keep in mind where the dead residents of the cities are.
Reload.
Use the map cheat (scroll keys) to look into the cities (don´t teleport there)and you will see that the NPCs are still alive (they only die when the Avatar is near them). Now activate the eggs view (e-key) and delete the egg right next to them. Now you can teleport there and they will not die. There are quite a few interesting conversations to be had.
But DON´T talk to Delphynia about Mad Iolo - the game crashes there.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Max aka Moscow Dragon

Post by Max aka Moscow Dragon »

Great! What conversations namely? Wow... I can repeat them using the native engine by teleport cheat to the house of the dead :-)

It was known that people die due to Eggs. Noticeable in Fawn, the paladin (Jorvin? or such) fells dead at your sight when you go up from the serpent gate cellar.

BTW - Monitor hall roof is deteritoriated after the release of the banes. The roof is a static (IFIX) item. Am I right that some Egg replaces the normal roof with the broken one each time the Avatar approaches it after the disaster?
Or these roof chunks are IREG items?

Also - IIRC no Usecode script can influence any items which are not in 4 regions around the Avatar. The native engine holds the IBUF table in memory and works with it only. IFIX and IREG are used only to repopulate IBUF on moves.
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

The coversations are about the things the Banes did.

It's pretty easy to find out what the roof pieces are. Exult will tell you (in stdout) what sort of item an object is if you click on it. I would guess they have to be IREGs.

Exult attempts to replicate the 4 region rule. We can't be sure if it works exactly the same as the originals, but it's pretty close. It's required in some circumstances when dealing with eggs. This is especially true for SI which used to have lots of problem before I implimented all of this.

-Colourless Dragon