That was weird!

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Paul Warning

That was weird!

Post by Paul Warning »

Maybe you all have seen this a dozen times but I just started playing U7 with Exult and when I got to British's castle I clicked on the plaque in the garden. It fell on his head, killed him and the guardian said something like, "That was the precise thing to do." The it mentioned someone's name. Not sure who that is. Then I could access his body and read his last will. Very strange stuff. Needless to say I restarted from my last save!
suraimu

Re: That was weird!

Post by suraimu »

"That is PRECISELY the thing to do, Avatar!" is what he said. A very fun and very well known easter egg. :P
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

ARTIFACTS OF DARKNESS
by Mordra Morgaelin
... and a mysterious Blackrock Sword which apparently has the power to slay even one so powerful as Lord British.
A short essay, involving a metal plate hung above a door, explains what seems to be a far simpler method of dispatching the noble monarch.
Chris Schumacher

Post by Chris Schumacher »

The name they mentioned is, as I remember, the name of the company
that owned the building where the plate fell from the ceiling and hit Richard
Garriot in the head. (See the Official Book of Ultima)
Zosite

Post by Zosite »

Oh yes!! That was a good one. But in the Spanish version the word "plate" on Mordra´s book was translated as "plato" which actually means "dish" instead of "placa" which means "plate" so it´s difficult to discover the joke even reading the book.

It´s curious that triggering this effect doesn´t have any visible consequences on the plot [:-D)... It could be something like:

Geoffrey: What did you say?! Lord British dead?!!! Oh, my God! And now the kingdom belongs to his bastard!!
Avatar: But let me explain you about some plate that...
Geoffrey: We´re doomed!!!
Nell: It doesn´t seem so bad to me... except for the nights the testament mentions
Geoffrey ( casing his sword on himself ): Aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!
-Zósite K.S. from Moonlightshadow-