About the Spellbook

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Zosite

About the Spellbook

Post by Zosite »

I´ve noticed that the Spellbook on the original U7 had some little blinking numbers next to each spell, except for the lineal spells ( Awake, Help, etc...). In Exult those numbers aren´t there and only a blank spot remains. What were those numbers for? Where are they in Exult?

Hehe... Now that I´ve found Exult project no question will remain without answer... [;-))

BTW: The "Death Vortex" spell is supposed to move around the screen when it´s casted, and it appears not to be registered by Exult as a "bad spell" for "calling-the-guards" issue with NPCs, as for "Death Bolt" and "Mass Death"... hmm... "Lightning" IS a "bad" spell but "Mass Death" NOT?!... [:-|) I´ll submit a bug report about this.
-Zósite K.S. from Moonlightshadow-
gruck

Re: About the Spellbook

Post by gruck »

Those numbers are there to tell you how many spells you can cast with your current number of reagents
Zosite

Post by Zosite »

Thanks Gruck! So I´m thinking that if I can´t see these numbers in Exult it could be related to.... ehhh, hehehe.... ejem! *cough*... Well, I´ll try to moderate myself in the use of that "Arch-Wizard" mode which can make you to forgive how important reagents are when casting spells... [:-P)

Anyway, Exult Team could make the numbers and circles to blink as in the original. I know this is almost useless but... you know: I´m one of those U7´s purity annoying fans. Thanks again!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Don't know about the 1.0 version but I tried the 1.1.x version of some weeks ago (where I am I don't have other stuff installed) and the number shows in the book.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

In the original, the spell counts and the Circle names were glowing. Is it this way in Exult now?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

no glowing but if you have any reagents on you it shows how many you can cast...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
dag

Post by dag »

as far as i can remember, the spell counts were definitely glowing in the
original si; i'm not sure about bg...
dag

Post by dag »

i just checked it out: the spell circle names and the spell counts are
"glowing" (at least) in si...
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

then it is time for someone to make a bug report!
--
Read the Rules!
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

it's probably a wrong font being used to show the number of castable spells.

Wrong font means wrong palette cycling which means no 'blinking'.

Artaxerxes
Zosite

Post by Zosite »

Nevermind Dominus: the numbers didn´t appear in my spellbook just because I was wandering around with the "Arch-Wizard" mode enabled so I could cast spells without reagents and the spellbook couldn´t register any "available" spell. I toggled it off and bought some reagents and then the numbers appeared.

This is the perfect example for one of my highests ideals: "TO NOT CHEAT IF IT CAN BE AVOIDED" [:-P) BTW:
-Spell counts and Circle Names glow in original Serpent Isle ( for sure )
-Spell counts and Circle Names glow in original Black Gate ( for sure )
-Will they glow with Exult in the future?

I´m going to submit the bug report about glowing. He... it seems that nowadays the list for open bugs in the Bug Tracker belongs to me... err... Sorry? [;-))
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

*Dominus is giving ownership of the bug tracker over to Zósite
--
Read the Rules!
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

That's right, they glow in the original because they're painted with one of the palette-rotation colors. We don't do that yet.

I'm surprised nobody's noticed that we don't show the page-turning animations either:-)
Gileathane Dragon

Post by Gileathane Dragon »

No page-turning animations ??

Noooo .....
Heh, been so long I've forgotten they turned at all.
Zosite

Post by Zosite »

You´re right DrCode. I´ve just added the page-turning animation issue to the same bug report.

[center]*Zósite´s deactivating the time bomb that came within the ownership of the bug tracker while reading its message: "A little present for giving us so many funny hours fixing bugs. The Exult Team"... [;-D)[/center]
Khumash-Gor

Post by Khumash-Gor »

Actually... Thats a feature I'd rather not see. I never liked the page turning of the spell books. And sometimes it screwed up the game, would freeze... But then again that was back on a dx466 with a 512k vesa video card :)
-Vividos Dragon-