An in game question

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
grungi

An in game question

Post by grungi »

firstly exult works like a charm and is the answer to 10 years of tearin my hair out :P gratz

secondly something has come up in game, im not sure if its a bug or not, did the knights challenge and came back to the furrier with the body of the wolf, but she says i dont have it? as do my companions, so how do i get round this? is there a cheat way to get round it, a way to fix the bug if it is a bug or just some answer to the problem, 10 years ago or whenver it was i first played i never had this prob :(
drcode
Site Admin

Re: An in game question

Post by drcode »

It is a bug in Exult, which should be fixed in the snapshot. I believe you should be able to continue with your current game by installing the latest 1.1x binary. The bug has to do with the wolf's body being in a different orientation, so you might also be able to work around it by using the shape browser (ctrl-B) to create a new wolf body (but I can't remember what frame to use).
Soen

Post by Soen »

I found the same problem with Exult 1.00. All you have to do is go back to the Knight's Test, and use the blood on the Ashes again. You'll get another wolf, kill it and take it back. Should work this time. You end up with a spare wolf (the first one you killed) so just dump it somewhere.
Phil.H

Post by Phil.H »

I had a similar problem with things not working... the pirate locked up in the Bull Tower - when you release him with the bribe of a gold bar to the guards, he doesn't go back to the tavern for some reason. Any ideas / solutions?
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Does Hawk say the right things when you talk to him?
grungi

Post by grungi »

kewl, if its that easy excellent :) any other known bugs i should look out for?
Soen

Post by Soen »

Phil, again I had the same problem. Usually you can just talk to him, he'll say "meet me at the pub" and walk off. If you leave before he does though he'll just stand there. Go back, talk to him in the hallway outside his cell and wait for him to leave and go upstairs before you do. He'll be back at the Inn and all is well.