Mac OS 9, X beta?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Clock Nova

Mac OS 9, X beta?

Post by Clock Nova »

Hey, Fingolfin! Any timetable on the Mac beta?
fingolfin
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS 9, X beta?

Post by fingolfin »

Both are released now, please test 'em and get back to me with any mac-specific problems you encounter (hopefully none :)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

You might have to look at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... up_id=2335

Finglfin hasn't updated the download page on our Web yet :-)
And I'm not sure which is which (I guess the *.sit is the MacOS version and the *.dmg.gz is the OSX version, I might be wrong though).
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
BlkDragon

Post by BlkDragon »

I dl'd the OS X version and it doesn't seem to work. I click on the Exult icon, and nothing happens. So, I copied an old .cfg file over to see if that was the problem and it didn't work either. I have all the directories and what-not configured properly, because the old version works. I'm running 10.1.1 on a G4 867 with 256 megs of ram. There's no error message or anything. It just doesn't do anything.
BlackDrg
fingolfin
Site Admin

Post by fingolfin »

Could you please tell me what it says in the system log (i.e. run Console.app to see that). Like, what error message?
fingolfin
Site Admin

Post by fingolfin »

Web page is updated now with download links, too.
BlkDragon

Post by BlkDragon »

Here's the error message:

dyld: /Users/blkdragon/Desktop/UltimaStuff/Exult.app/Contents/MacOS/exult version mismatch for library: /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version of user: 1.1.3 greater than library's version: 1.0.0)
fingolfin
Site Admin

Post by fingolfin »

Bad...

can you please tell me what you get if you

otool -L /sw/lib/libz.1.1.3.dylib

Also, do you have stuff inside /usr/local? Do you gnu-darwin installed, or fink or something alike?
BlkDragon

Post by BlkDragon »

I don't have the "otool" command anywhere. I installed a "packet-sniffer" called "tcpflow" and it is in /usr/local. That's it. There's nothing else there. I've never installed any of the "Darwin" stuff or any GNU stuff that didn't already come with OSX. I do NOT have any of the developer tools installed.
BlkDragon
fingolfin
Site Admin

Post by fingolfin »

OK, that's fine. I found the problem, and am working on a work around. If you want, email me directly, then I can send you a test build, so you can confirm if it is now working for you.
ClockNova

Post by ClockNova »

Fingolfin:

Same problem here. App just wont respond when started. I'll be on the lookout for a new download. Keep up the great work.
BlkDragon

Post by BlkDragon »

Fingolfin sent me the fixed beta. It works until you start a new game. Then, after the "moving red-screen" just when you're getting transported to Trinsic, it crashes back to the desktop with the error message "Can't find gamedat/gamewin.dat". Anybody know what this means? If I delete the gamedat directory and the game re-crates it, it still crashes with the missing file. This is on Mac OS 10.1.1.
BlkDragon
fingolfin
Site Admin

Post by fingolfin »

I deleted my gamedat/gamewin.dat, and now it crashes for me, too (I never noticed this problem, since I never tried to delete gamedat/gamewin.dat before :)

I will look into it, and make a fixed release ASAP