Quirky missing items

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Crowley

Quirky missing items

Post by Crowley »

There are a number of minor oddities with the stuff you get in the teleport storm in the beginning of Serpent Isle. Some of these were present in the original game, some appear to be Exult-exclusive, but I'd very much like to see them all fixed. First of all, for some reason the moonsilk stockings are never listed in my game, and the severed hand only occasionally (not in Shamino's list and can't be asked about from the regular informants, but stockings can still be mentioned to Torrissio, Columna and Melino). Sometimes the people who I ask about the items from act like I'm not carrying the item in question, even though it is in my inventory! (I have a savegame where this happens with Mortegro & the severed hand.) One of the items you get is a bottle of Moonshade wine, but none of your items can be found in the winery (according to the design documents your map was supposed to be here). Some items aren't updated on the list when you find out more about their origins, for example the bottle of ice wine is never elaborated to be from Moonshade. Finally, Ducio says that the mage's apparatus you have was made by him for Vasculio, but Erstam claims that the apparatus is his and was lost during a teleport storm! Also the hand can't be mentioned to Erstam even if you find out that it was from his experiments.
MV

Re: Quirky missing items

Post by MV »

Couple of things I can help with that were in the original.

1. The map of britannia doesn't exist. You'll never find it. I know, I tried forever around that winery.

2. Erstram does indeed say he made the apparatus and takes it back if you mention it to him.

3. The severed hand is no big deal, he just mentions the dagger that appeared in his house.

4. I always used to have problems with the breastplate in the original. Talking to the blacksmith in monitor never really did anything. It rarely happened that I could mention it to kylista, then she'd mention the magic breastplate.
Kagehi Kossori

Post by Kagehi Kossori »

My own problem at the moment with relation to this is that even after talking to Harnna, Luthar doesn't have the keyword for the shield he carries. I don't know if this is due to talking to someone in the wrong order or something, but SI definitely seems to have some glitches.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

You'll have to talk to Lucilla after you become a knight, and she'll mention Luther's new shield. You can then ask him about the shield, which Dupre recognizes. This doesn't seem to be a glitch, since Harnna only recommends that you ask around for a missing shield. She doesn't know about Luther.
Kagehi Kossori

Post by Kagehi Kossori »

Ah. But I have asked Lucilla after becoming one. No such luck. I hated this part of SI... lol Doesn't help that I haven't played it in years, so can't completely remember how all it fit together. I also had Ruggs fail to reappear after leaving Moonshade. May have to start over from the beginning and try to avoid completely messing up anything.
Kagehi Kossori

Post by Kagehi Kossori »

Please ignore me. lol Figured out everything that I had gotten scrambled now, except for the dang pikeman that refuses to follow me down the stairs from the Goblin camp area. Will be posting a bug report + save game for that one.
Warder

Post by Warder »

The lost knight isn't supposed to go down the stairs. He's supposed to die before that, if I remember correctly - but he doesn't.