Mouse cursor jumping in full screen - Windows 10

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
CB

Mouse cursor jumping in full screen - Windows 10

Post by CB »

Playing Serpent Isle on Windows 10.

When I switch to full screen, the mouse cursor disappears when I bring it toward the center of the window, and then reappears again somewhere on the edge.

Everything works fine in windowed mode.

Any thoughts?
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Mouse cursor jumping in full scree

Post by Dominus »

Let me make sure of some things:
- What version of Exult? Please use the latest snapshot of Exult if you are not already using that.
- What kind of mouse interface are you using? A traditional mouse, a trackpad or touchscreen?
- In Exult what are your video settings? resolution, scaler, scale factor, aspect, etc...

The video settings is something you could give a try, by changing the resolution, changing scaler...

I'lll try to reproduce later (and I need to find out whether Kirben, who makes our Windows snapshots, is using SDL2 to build the snapshots or not...)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
CB

Post by CB »

Thanks for the response.

I'm using Exult 1.5.0.

I've tried various variations of scalers and display mode without any success. I wasn't able to find where to set the scale factor, can you tell me where that setting is?

I'm using a trackpad on an Asus laptop.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

There is not a real 1.5.0 version, so you are using the snapshot, please make sure to use the latest one from our download page. But it's not the culprit I guess.
The scale factor is called "scaling" in the video settings. Please experiment with the "Window Size" as well http://exult.info/docs.php#video_gump, I "suspect" that this might be an issue (window size too small for fullscreen, or something like that). Still have to start up Windows to test it.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Now I received word from Kirben, apparently latest big Windows 10 update broke the old SDL 1.2x backend and he JUST switched the Windows snapshot to SDL2.
So please download the very latest snapshot and give it a try. Probably solving alll
--
Read the Rules!
Gotcha!

Re: Mouse cursor jumping in full screen - Windows 10

Post by Gotcha! »

The Creator update no doubt? I got all sorts of problems with lots of games.
Sound errors, frame rate reductions across the board...

Thankfully that update can be uninstalled. Everything's back to normal.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Mouse cursor jumping in full screen - Windows 10

Post by Dominus »

Yes, the creator one ;(
--
Read the Rules!