Character walking

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Darren Reesor

Character walking

Post by Darren Reesor »

First time I've used exult so bear with me if my question is a newbish. Anyways I'm running windows 7, exult 1.5 snapshot. In full screen mode when running (holding down the right mouse button to run) my character randomly veers off in different directions despite my mouse staying perfectly still. I'm running the game with every option in the gameplay section turned off except for status bars. Also running the game in 720x480 fullscreen, when I play it minimized my character runs fine. Anyone have some advice for fixing this? Thanks in advance.
galneon

Re: Character walking

Post by galneon »

This is new. It's happening to me as of the latest build.

To test, run the streets of Trinsic. You'll go diagonal seemingly at random. Also happens when walking (but who walks?). The cursor doesn't change position to reflect the diagonal turn, so if you move the cursor slightly, you're back on your cardinal track. It's still annoying enough to render the game unplayable for me.

This is no doubt related to the recent fullscreen fix. As you say, it doesn't happen in windowed mode.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I'll see if I can figure it out tonight. Are you both on Windows 7 and in the Gameplay settings, is fullscreen fastmouse enabled (or could you test how it behaves dis/enabled?)?
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
galneon

Post by galneon »

Windows 10 here. I'm on the (original) Creators Update build rather than FCU. I won't update until I'm forced to once it hits the business update branch. Enabling fullscreen fast mouse results in diagonal turns AND sometimes 90 degree turns.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

ok, found the reason and am able to do a quick fix but need to fine tune it later for high resolution displays :(
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

until a new snapshot is available you can use Exult1.exe (or if you have different problems with that, use Exult4.exe) from the test package I linked to in http://exult.info/forum/viewtopic.php?p ... 6#p1738606
--
Read the Rules!
galneon

Post by galneon »

All better in new snapshot. :)