Exult on Mac OS GOG

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
NewMac

Exult on Mac OS GOG

Post by NewMac »

I just installed the GOG Mac OS version of U7. It no longer looks like what is written in the FAQ, but by opening package contents, I was able to copy all the files in the STATIC folders into /Library/Application Support/Exult/blackgate/ and /Library/Application Support/Exult/serpentisle/ Inside these directories are various files like "ADLIB.ADV" -- I hope this is what it should be.

However, when I start Exult, it claims that it can't find the static data and asks me to edit the config file.

However, even stranger, the config file doesn't have any path settings at all inside the portion of it. It looks like this:

Please advise! Thanks in advance.
NewMac

Re: Exult on Mac OS GOG

Post by NewMac »

Nevermind: I realized I needed to create
/Library/Application Support/Exult/blackgate/STATIC
and
/Library/Application Support/Exult/serpentisle/STATIC

and copy all the U7 files there.

Did that, and now everything is working so far.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Great that you managed! GoG keeps on changing the OS X package so my guide keeps getting outdated :(
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Laralyn

Post by Laralyn »

I've been trying to get Exult working on MacOS, found this thread, and it still can't find the data files.

When I look in my Library/Application Support/ folder, I see Exult auto-created a folder for itself, with subfolders for blackgate, serpentisle, etc. Each folder has a gamedat folder already created as well.

I've grabbed the STATIC folder from the GOG installation of blackgate and serpentisle and added them to the correct folders (above) and it didn't work. I've grabbed ALL the files from blackgate and serpentisle and added them, and it didn't work. I also tried adding the STATIC folder inside the existing gamedat folder and that also didn't work.

What I think should be working but isn't is this:

Library/Application Support/Exult/blackisle/STATIC/(all the files from that same folder of the U7 installation from GOG)

Is there anything else I should try? Thanks!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

You are talking about your Library/... folder. Are you sure you paid attention to the distinction between /Library and ~/Library?
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!