Companions list of missing items

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
WilliamH

Companions list of missing items

Post by WilliamH »

Hi all,

I'm having an enjoyable time on my most recent playthrough of SI, with SI fixes. Thank you for making it possible!

I have a question about the list of missing items started by Shamino at the beginning of the game. I have gotten each entry updated, with the exception of the Filari coins. Does anyone know offhand which NPC I need to talk to in order to get that entry updated? Many have told me that the strange coins I have are Filari, but no update yet.

This is of course, the most minor of things, but if I was hoping to get it updated before the release of the banes. If this entry can't be updated, no big deal!

Thanks!
Knight Captain

Re: Companions list of missing items

Post by Knight Captain »

Jendon in Fawn can help with most items, and from there Delin.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

But the list is bugged in the original and fixed in the SI fixes mod
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
SirJohn

Post by SirJohn »

@Dominus you got me intrigued now. How is the list buggy in the original? What is mal- or not functioning as it should?
WilliamH

Post by WilliamH »

I am using the fixes mod, so I should be good there. I do remember never even coming close to completing the list in the original.

Jendon mentions Delin, but I get nothing in any of Delin's conversation trees. I'll go around the information givers a few more times to see if I can get it to trigger.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Sir John: the readme.txt does not go into detail but the sheer amount of fixes... https://github.com/exult/exult/blob/mas ... Readme.txtmight be too much for your "little" project :)

@WilliamH: using SIfixes sets you up nicely... The SIfixes sources do not tell me who knows, though. But someone in Fawn for sure :)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
SirJohn

Post by SirJohn »

@Dominus: uh, I never would have been as bold as to assume I could implement SIFixes in the Vanilla version....wouldn't even try.

I was wondering about the list of items solely here, as this sounds like something that might be fixed in the dialogue files... but I might be mistaken all the same :-)

The out of sync spells e.g. can be fixed (to a degree) since you only have to make sure to alter the text in the correct text files (and this can be learned by reading the spells.uc by Marzo)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I *think* the items list doesn't set the flag correctly and so probably not easy to implement.
The amount of fixes is disturbing :)
Whether you should correct the spells is up to your translation liberties :)
--
Read the Rules!
SirJohn

Post by SirJohn »

Thou art correct. Setting flags is beyond me. Too bad, would have been cool : -/
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

I think most of the fixes were in the scroll.uc file.

Translating SI Fixes could be useful for German players.
WilliamH

Post by WilliamH »

I finally got it done in Fawn. I thought I had done what was needed several times before, but apparently not. My Avatar is getting older and forgetful, I suppose. :P
SirJohn

Post by SirJohn »

KC: absolutely! :)