Problems installing from GOG on Mac

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Darian

Problems installing from GOG on Mac

Post by Darian »

Hi,

I followed the instructions in the documentation but I am getting this error message after using the terminal command: "sudo cp -p -R "/Applications/Ultima VII™ - The Black Gate + The Forge of Virtue.app/Contents/Resources/Ultima 7 The Complete Edition.boxer/C.harddisk/U7/ultima7/STATIC" "/Library/Application Support/Exult/blackgate"

Error message:
cp: /Applications/Ultima VII™ - The Black Gate + The Forge of Virtue.app/Contents/Resources/Ultima 7 The Complete Edition.boxer/C.harddisk/U7/ultima7/STATIC: No such file or directory

So I guess the files were not copied.

When I run Exult, I get the message:"Could not find the static data for either "The Black Gate" or "Serpent Isle". Please edit the configuration file and restart Exult"

Any way around this?

Thanks.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Problems installing from GOG on Mac

Post by Dominus »

yeah, GOG changed the paths in their app again (and added a double space in the app name...).
Annoying...

Code: Select all

sudo cp -p -R "/Applications/Ultima VII™  - The Black Gate + The Forge of Virtue.app/Contents/Resources/game/STATIC" "/Library/Application Support/Exult/blackgate"
That should work
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Darian

Post by Darian »

Thanks so much for this. Exult is working for Black Gate now :)

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm totally clueless when it comes to these things. I'm having the same problem with Serpent Isle + Silver Seed. I tried playing around with the spacing but didn't work.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

it's not just the extra space in the app name, but the location of the game files has changed the same way it changed in the BG case:

Code: Select all

sudo cp -p -R "/Applications/Ultima VII™  - Serpent Isle + The Silver Seed.app/Contents/Resources/game/STATIC" "/Library/Application Support/Exult/serpentisle"
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Darian

Post by Darian »

Hey Dominus,

I managed to get Serpent Isle to work. Thanks again.