ES - Frame names

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Donfrow

ES - Frame names

Post by Donfrow »

Similar to my other thread regarding the NPC flags, I'm running into an issue that is the same general behaviour but with the Extra flags "Frame names" in Exult Studio. I can set the frame names, set values, save but if I close out and relaunch Exult/ES and look at my shape the "Frame names" aspect of it always returns to unchecked.

Prior to updating to ES 1.7 I could use frame names and previous items that have frame names still have them but any new shapes created do not seem to save the frame name settings. Is there another flag that is required for "frame names" to work in some way or am I somehow doing something wrong, such as needing to be a specific class for frame names to work? I am saving Shape Info in ES.

Thanks
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: ES - Frame names

Post by Dominus »

I‘ll take a look. Perhapd this got busted when we moved Exult Studio to gtk++3 a year ago 🤷‍♂️
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

Thanks Dominus.

My other thread about the teleport issues as well seems to be back. I'm not really sure what is going on as I cannot seem to find any consistency with these shape issues. Some other shapes now do not want to accept that a monster cannot teleport. It's completely possible this is on my end in some way but I'm not sure what I can provide to assist.

I tend to make changes then Apply -> Ok on the shape and different ways of saving but I have not noticed a difference in the various attempts I've tried to get around the issue. The settings take for the session but after a Save-All or Save-Shape Info the next startup has the settings reverted. So far the only ones I've run into is the frame names (new after updating to 1.7) and the NPC Flags -> Can Teleport, which I thought updating fixed but seemingly not for everything.
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

As I keep working on this it seems to be various shape information that does not save but I have not been able to identify each of them. Trying to make new objects with "Obj Paperdoll" always does not save after further testing.

I've downgraded to 1.6 and that seems to fix the ones for frame names and obj paperdoll but the NPC flag "Can teleport" always being enabled for NPC flags appears to exist in the 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 versions I've tried. I am not sure how I managed to disable the "Can teleport" for 2 of my monster shapes when I initially updated to 1.7 but I cannot seem to recreate the expected behaviour on this one.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I need to get a closer look. I have to confess that I found out that I have no idea what "Frame Names" (frame everything) even does.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

The "Frame Names" option allows a single shape to have different names based on the current frame. I use it to group together quest items into one shape number and apply different names to each frame to avoid having to create 2-4 separate shapes. It may have other uses but for me it's more of a logical grouping mechanism which seems to be how it is also used with out-of-the-box shapes.

Overall all these shape issues seem to be manageable, although it can be annoying, in one way or another except that 'Can Teleport" flag.

Thanks again as usual.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I've logged in both as bugs in our tracker. I have no idea what is going on there but can confirm the the Frame Names being correctly saved in the 1.6 version and not anymore in the snapshots.
--
Read the Rules!
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Dragon Baroque found the culprit and this should be fixed in the next snapshot. Currently these are done automatically by github every night https://github.com/exult/exult/releases but eventually I'll copy it over to our downloads page. So the fastest is the github page :)

Thanks a lot for bringing this bug to our attention, without your input it would have stayed hidden for very much longer!
--
Read the Rules!
Donfrow

Post by Donfrow »

That's great! I will give it a try. Looking at the Github link it sounds like this may fix the other objects that did not save as well, like obj paper doll.

Appreciate the effort you all put into this.