NPCs disappearing - Isle of Fire

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Gotcha!

NPCs disappearing - Isle of Fire

Post by Gotcha! »

Playing 1.7.0git:

Things are a bit wonky on the Isle of Fire: Golems disappear and reappear at random. Not while you're near them, but walking away and returning might make them disappear, while they also reappear again when doing the same.

This becomes very apparent with Adhjar and Bollox, as well as Dracothraxus, with the latter having the extra downside of the game crashing when he's not there, probably because the game expects him to be there.

Not using the key mod, although I created a quick mod myself, where I increased the volume of backpacks.
Gotcha!

Re: NPCs disappearing - Isle of Fire

Post by Gotcha! »

Hmm, and after the core is cast into the void and Erethian gets himself killed... his body is still living on in his quarters.
He can't be spoken to though.

Edit: Seems he disappears when going away and coming back though.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

are you using the normal resolution (320x200) or a higher one?
But might be that something broke on the isle... again :(
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

1920x1080, point, scaling: x4.

Note that these golems/dragon don't appear even when I'm right next to where they should be, so I take it resolution hasn't got anything to do with it?
I have a save game if you want it (close to the dragon, you can walk in and if the dragon's not there, walking into the spot where he should be crashes the game, although loading the game seems to force the dragon to pop back so it's a bit useless), but think it can be easily tested right from the get go: By starting a new game, going to the test of love, and see how weird the golems are. When I resurrected Adhjar he didn't spawn at first, so I thought I ran into a plot stopper. I moved away, came back, and he spawned. He then disappeared a few times and also came back when I went off and returned.

What can I say. Weird stuff. I can't count the number of times I used Exult to play through these games, but this behaviour is a first for me.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Thanks a lot, you unearthed a bad bug :)
With some bisecting I found the culprit https://github.com/exult/exult/issues/140
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

Oof. Well, good that it's out in the open now. :)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Snapshot with a fix is up! Thanks again, it's really helpful to find these bugs/regressions.
--
Read the Rules!
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

Great! *thumbs up*