can't get exult to install

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Jozef Vogel

can't get exult to install

Post by Jozef Vogel »

First my apologies on for many which will be a very elementary error.
I had absolutely no problem in installing and running the last version of alpha 'Exult' before the current Beta version.
Currently I am unable to get the Beta version of exult to install and run properly.
The error I get is 'setup is unable to decompress and copy all of the program files needed to proceed with the installation. error 112'
Once again please accept my regret in having to post a question/problem that is an insult to most of the readers of this forum.
Thank you, Jozef.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: can't get exult to install

Post by Dominus »

Well not much we can tell you unless you tell us what Operating System you are using.
But I guess you are using the Windows version, right? Hm, strangely it should work with the installer....
So please tell us exactly what OS you are using.
colourless any idea?
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Soul Harvester

Post by Soul Harvester »

You may have a corrupt download, try redownloading. Also, your windows installer may be an older version (somehow I doubt that is the case), esp with windows 95.
Jozef Vogel

Post by Jozef Vogel »

Thank you so much for responding.

You asked what OS I'm using and that is W98se.

It could be that the download is corrupted, I downloaded the beta version twice, but I'll try again and again.

Thanks once again for your help, Jozef
Colourless
Site Admin

Post by Colourless »

Not sure why you'd get Error 112. It sounds like the sfx isn't decompressing properly.

Anyway, if you unzip the exult-0.96beta1-win32.exe file (with directories) to a temporary location and then run setup.exe things should work.

-Colourless Dragon