New Ultima remake in the works..

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Gileathane Dragon

New Ultima remake in the works..

Post by Gileathane Dragon »

For those of you that haven't heard about this ambitious project yet, I found a link to a brand new Ultima remake while reading the forums at the Redemption http://www.ultima.ukpcnet.co.uk team's website.

Here's the post:
am pleased to announce first here on whatever board this is, an all new project that started from humble beginnings...

"UltimarX 10 : The Legend of the Warriors False Gate Isle" which was originally entitled "UltimarX 10 : The tales of Enus" covers the story after UA. It provides a more fitting ending to the saga we so dearly loved. I invite all of you to come and visit the team's site..
Gradilla Dragon

Re: New Ultima remake in the works..

Post by Gradilla Dragon »

But you did not give the actual link. We have to visit the redemption forum just to get the link.

http://www.geocities.com/ultimarx10/

This remake is so damn promising, you have to look at it yourself! :P
- Gradilla Dragon
PanSola

Post by PanSola »

Ehh.. what is this a remake of??

From the description it sounds more like a fan-fic sequal than a remake of any of the original Ultima games...
Gileathane Dragon

*grins*
Apologies for just linking to the Redemption forum - the link is, Gradilla Dragon stated, at http://www.geocities.com/ultimarx10 - seems to have had a lot of work put it into it - I'm sure a lot of dialogue writers could benefit from Christine Indigo's Avatar pieces.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Sounds like a spoof.
Mighty Dog

Post by Mighty Dog »

Considering that:

1. All the picks are things readily found all over the internet or easily created. I.E. the pick for one of the staff is from Revenge of the Nerds if i'm not mistake, and the fact that the guardian concept pick is the Kool Aid dude.

2. I think paris Hilton would charge too much for them to have her in an FMV sequence

3. Every Page is listed as a Winamp Playlist

and
4. The guy wants to Code a project that big all by himself (granted i know there are some coders out there who would, but most have enough sense to have at least one more person on this scale)

This is definately a spoof. And i'm sure more reasons can be pointed out.
If I turn out to be wrong on this conclusion I will eat a finaly chopped up edition of a printout of their manual.
Mighty Dog

Post by Mighty Dog »

Also 1 more point, if RG was actually helping at all on another Ultima Game it would be much bigger news
Gradilla Dragon

Duh! :D

Of course it is a spoof! It is just an humorous page!!
- Gradilla Dragon
StingraY

Post by StingraY »

Hello and thanks for taking interest in our project, UltimarX10 : The Warriors of False Gate Isle.

I realize that with the many remakes out, few doubt the veracity of our project. Please be sure to eat your words when it comes out.

P.S. - The reason there has been no news on Richard Garriott joining our group is because of his nondisclosure agreement with EA (Who currently owns the Ultima brand.) If he came forward with working on this project he would be inevitably sued.
Wizardry Dragon

Post by Wizardry Dragon »

I must have stupid written on my head.

- Wizardry Dragon
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer, Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
www.thefeudallands.ca
PanSola

Post by PanSola »

StingraY, you can't remake something that's not made before.

Your project is technically a fan-fic sequal, if it's not itself fiction d-:
Gileathane Dragon

GO ULTIMARX!
Need any dialogue writers? =)
E. Jim

Post by E. Jim »

Had a good laugh with this so-called "remake"... I particularly liked the ridiculous new bearded Avatar, whose picture was "coded" by LB (pictures are now coded, it seems)...

Oh, and the new baddies sure are scary! Lord Saddamthorne indeed...
Gradilla Dragon

The pics of the team members are so hilarious too.
- Gradilla Dragon
Dino (not logged in)

Post by Dino (not logged in) »

The reason there has been no news on Richard Garriott joining our group is because of his nondisclosure agreement with EA (Who currently owns the Ultima brand.) If he came forward with working on this project he would be inevitably sued.
If that was true, then congratulations, you have just got him in big trouble by saying that. :p
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

ROTFLMAO :D
The picture of the guardian looks like a space hopper with legs :P

This made my morning, thankyou very much!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

The villain looks as though he's playing guitar in the Dire Straits video Money for Nothing :P
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

The reason there has been no news on Richard Garriott joining our group is because of his nondisclosure agreement with EA (Who currently owns the Ultima brand.) If he came forward with working on this project he would be inevitably sued.
beating a dead horse... Well, as far as was known, there was no non-disclosure agreement (and it wouldn't make much sense anyway) but a non-competing agreement (or how that was called) which made LB lay low for two years until it ran out. After that he began looking for work again (see Tabula Rasa stuff for details).
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Gaelion Dragon

Post by Gaelion Dragon »

I always knew the KoolAid jug was of an evil nature ... but the guardian... *scratches head* ... scary ...
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

OOhh Yeah!
tel999

Post by tel999 »

Great stuff! Very funny :)
Skutarth

Post by Skutarth »

I beta tested it. It's going to absolutely amazing!
Warder

Post by Warder »

You did not betatest it, sir! We have not yet released a beta, public or private, mostly since Richard Garriott is a slacker and takes too long in coding all the NPC portraits. Also, Sol locked himself in the janitor's closet a week ago and hasn't come out since - sometimes we hear some kind of gnawing noise from inside, but that may just be him trying to get his shackles off.

But fear not! The project proceeds right on schedule!
Ender

Post by Ender »

I stole the source code for UltimarX 10, just as I stole the source for Exult!