creating items the normal way in Ultima7 using exult

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
LORD_DrDeathhand

creating items the normal way in Ultima7 using exult

Post by LORD_DrDeathhand »

Dear Exult users, programmers whatever,

I have to say I am enjoying the exult mod very much, its nice to be able to play ultima7 like the way that you can now, I do find all of those extra options, like player statistics and stuff stupid and in my opinion ultima should be played as close to what it was in the past.

There for I also noticed something else, after having finished u7 a load of times, without cheats and also with cheats I noticed with exult that creating an item has become quite complicated, with the item shape browser and all that.

What I am wondering is if there is still an option like before to create items with the item code like you would do through the cheat menu, F2 and then C to create item, and then for example 610 for a bucket of whater if I am correct, and 604 for a bar of gold, dang ithas been a long time since I have done all of this, but Its much more easy to create a LOAD of items quicker that way then in the way that is possible now.

So what I want to ask is, IS there an option available in exult1.2 with which you can create items the old fassioned way???

Or if not will that one option be build into the next version of exult???

Well I hope il get an answer to these questions

Greetingss from LORD_DrDeathhand
PEace be with you

Always

DANGGGG YOU AVATAR!!!!!! DANNNGGGGG YOUUUUUuuuuu!!!
wjp
Site Admin

Re: creating items the normal way in Ultima7 using exult

Post by wjp »

We don't have that feature currently, but patches are always welcome.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I might change the current cheat so it creates the item on the ground instead of in the Avatar's inventory.
Jammet

Post by Jammet »

Talking about the inventory, there is only one thing that I don't really like about Exult's way of dealing with those...

When you start the game after loading a savegame, everything in the backpacks, all your stuff, is seemingly sorted purely random. I always rearrange items for better overview. If Exult place them so that everything would be as visible as possible ... next to one another...
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Okay, next snapshot should save/restore the positions of the items in backpacks.

Beware of bugs:-)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

And read our front page for the snapshot warning.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!