I wish the Ferryman was an actual NPC

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Vasculio294

I wish the Ferryman was an actual NPC

Post by Vasculio294 »

The Ferryman is my favorite npc in all of U7. When i found out that he was nothing more than a prop item. I was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if that can be changed?

Of course! evertime i play u7 now. I always add Horance to my party. Its cool! He summons undead skeletons to fight by your side. hehe to really save on reagents. I have Lord British in the party to do the resurrections lol
Uncle Rico: Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: I wish the Ferryman was an actual NPC

Post by Dominus »

no, it can't be changed.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

I think the ferryman has also npc sprites like other characters, but they were never used in the game.
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

Ahhh man! Oh well...
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I think the ferryman has also npc sprites like other characters, but they were never used in the game.
Nope, unless hidden in some other NPCs frames he doesn't have more than the one frame you see (which is the main reason it would be kind of hard to make him an NPC).
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Snizzle

Post by Snizzle »

Shape number 952 is the Ferrymans NPC frames but it was never used in-game intead shape number 155 was used.

So it would be possible to set a real NPC shape to be that of the Ferryman
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

ah, yes, there he is, never saw that before :)

Replacing the real ferryman with this NPC would not really be the way to go, but you can add him easily somewhere else in the game and write some usecode for him, even have him ask to be a party memeber :)
--
Read the Rules!
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

So is Exult to the point where everone is modding the game? Like i said in another thread i haven't use exult for quite awhile.
Uncle Rico: Napoleon, you know we can't afford the fun pack. What, do you think money grows on trees in this family? Take it back! And get some Pampers for you and your brother while you're at it.
Chris Schumacher

Post by Chris Schumacher »

I think I know why they did that... I remember in the spring of '92, over on Prodigy there were discussions on how people were trying to kill the Ferryman to get his scythe (this was before anyone found out about the hidden room in the graveyard).
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

I wonder what the good people at Origin were planning to do with the Death Scythe considering that now the only places you can get it are secret cheat rooms.
dunk

Post by dunk »

You don't need to keep LB in tow for ressurections. As soon as I have the spell, I cast "Mark" in his courtyard so I can easily go an revive anyone who might die. Rudyom sells it for 85 gold, and "Recall" as well. And Jaana can do a few resurrections if you have her in your group.
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

the Scythe in the Isle of Fire is considered cheating?
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

I myself don't consider it cheating, as there are no plot items there. But others may have differing opinions...
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

neither do I :) also it comes handy in the test of courage :)
Andy

Post by Andy »

If you wanted to import him to SI, then you could always do something like this for his portrait.

Granted, it does need some work, and I still have palatte issues.
Vasculio294

Post by Vasculio294 »

Nice pic!
Andy

Post by Andy »

Or, here's another.

SB-X

Post by SB-X »

"Hey, what smells like blue?"
Andy

Post by Andy »

err... What's that quote from? :0)

I was experimenting with a blue glow that didn't really translate the same with the palette. The dimness does make him seem like he's on the edge of reality (or I just need to try something else :0) .
SB-X

Post by SB-X »

Futurama.
And that's a creepy monster. He looks more like the skeleton of a Predator than a human. :)
I wonder what his motivations would be for joining you.
yhevhe

Post by yhevhe »

Wow... did you do that portrait? It's veru nice =)
Sissy Knox- not logged in :(

Post by Sissy Knox- not logged in :( »

Someone has stolen the Ferryman's British Knights. "Okay..." you might be saying. "It's just a pair of shoes. What's the big deal?" Well, they're not just any old sneakers; the Ferryman won them on Nickelodeon's "Double Dare" in 1992, and he wants them back. Thus, he joins you, hoping that your journey will lead him to his pilfered footwear...

His storyline leads you on a merry chase across Britannia...and it has a hilarious ending when you realize...they were right there on his ferry, THE ENTIRE TIME! (weh-waaaahhh...).
cyberfugue

Post by cyberfugue »

The Ferryman's motives for joining you could be tied somehow to ending his geas that ties him to the shores of Skara Brae. I remember when you ask him to sacrifice himself, he seems to consider it longingly, or something like that but then says he is bound to remain there.

Perhaps if you are able to free him somehow, he would agree to join you for a time - it's an idea for a possible mod.