Disappearing items in Bit. castle

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Jamesge

Disappearing items in Bit. castle

Post by Jamesge »

Has anyone been having problems with disappearing items? It has happened to me twice in two seperate games, both very early on in the Black Gate. The first time I put Lord Brit's study key on one of my characters, and then when I got upstairs it was gone (no sleeping occured in the meantime). I started a new game for unrelated reasons and when I was getting my armour/spellbook/reagents from the upstairs store room I put the bag of reagents into my character's bag and then it disappeared also (I instantly looked into the avatar's knapsack to sort out the items and the bag of reagents was no longer there)!

Anyone know how to fix this? Do any of the old patches work? This hasn't in either cases been the result of sleeping......
Jamesge

Re: Disappearing items in Bit. castle

Post by Jamesge »

I haven't had this problem since. I think that my character was full, and in a crowded place, dropped inventory may have been mostly obscured by walls etc., which happens every now and then....
Wizardry Dragon

Post by Wizardry Dragon »

Sounds like container overflows. For clarity, is this in Exult, or Ultima VII proper?

Cheers,
Wizardry Dragon
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer, Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
www.thefeudallands.ca
Jamesge

Post by Jamesge »

In exult. Haven't had the problem since and I've been playing a lot. I try not to have the Avatar completely full of inventory, and also try to drop things into specific bags etc, instead of just on to the characters themselves.
Aerick

Post by Aerick »

Have you updated your copy of exult since the last time you had this problem? Maybe it was a bug in an older version?