Exult Configuration

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Paul Norfolk

Exult Configuration

Post by Paul Norfolk »

Hello,

I think this may have already been discussed, but i'm having problems.

I get the message "Could not find the data files for either "the black gate" or "serpent isle" Please edit the configuration file and restart Exult"

Well, I see on other threads this being discussed, problem I have, being dislexic, the large blocks of text confuse me.... plus it seems complicated.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks

Paul
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Exult Configuration

Post by Dominus »

Exult needs the original games.

You need to install them, a how to is written at http://exult.info/docs.php#Installing%2 ... th%20Exult

After that, install Exult again. The installer will ask you where the original games are installed to, please point him at it.

I'm sorry, this is mostly large blocks of text, maybe you can get someone to help you with this.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Paul Norfolk

Post by Paul Norfolk »

Thank you.

You helped me and it seems to be working now.

Paul
Paul Norfolk

Post by Paul Norfolk »

I was wondering how to switch it to full screen mode...

I switched it on the exult setup, but it doesnt seem to be working
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

We have some problem with modern graphics cards.
Please turn on fullscreen, exit Exult and then start it again and it *should* be fullscreen...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
_Olarin

Post by _Olarin »

Alternatively, I've found Exult more willing to switch to fullscreen at higher resolutions - so you may be able to switch to 800x600, switch to fullscreen, then switch back to 320x200 (the reccomended resolution for playing the game 'properly') and get it to remain fullscreen - works for me, might not work for all cards.
Elvito

Post by Elvito »

I tried running Ultima 7 yesterday in D Fend Reloaded and while the graphics can look quite good with the graphic options from that program it really annoys me the way the sound is set up. I rather play in Exult but I dont undertsand how to set up the screen size. I have a widescreen monitor 1680x1050. If I just go for the fullscreen potion the game is stretched and whenever I tried to adjust the resolution it would make the gamescreen really small. I reallly would rather play it on Exult because of the various improvements to the gameplay but I really would like a a "normal" screen size (dont care much for widescreen support) like the one I can get with D Fend, can anyone help me?
VisElEchNon

Post by VisElEchNon »

@Elvito

Are you trying to play it fullscreen only, or are you okay with windowed? I personally prefer windowed over fullscreen but everyone's different.

If you want to do fullscreen you'll need a monitor that allows aspect ratio setting in fullscreen, a lot of the older widescreens don't have the option, and some of the newer ones don't either. Do a google search for setting up the aspect ratio for your specific monitor.

If you're okay with windowed mode, it's a LOT simpler.
1. Start a game (BG or SI, doesn't matter, a new game is fine as well).
2. Hit 'Esc' to bring up the options menu.
3. Select 'Video Options'
4. Choose the resolution you want to use (probably just leave it at 320x200).
5. Then choose the scaler you want to use (I use Hq3x) and the scaling if it is available (OpenGL, Point, and Interlaced are the only ones that allow you to choose the scaling).
6. Click 'OK' and you're all done.
felix

Post by felix »

hi

i i've got the exact same problem. how do i do it without pc?

thanks so much for help
felix