Three things I promised myself....

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Fahed Al Daye

Three things I promised myself....

Post by Fahed Al Daye »

There are four things I promised myself when ever I get my hands on an Ultima 7 Construction Set. First promise, build an entire house with walls made by books. This promise is starting now when I finally finish the map editor with he object editor in action. I will start plotting the structure of the house wall by books. Second, build an entire house made of powder keg and when the NPC goes inside the house I put ten powder kegs from far linking to the house's wall and see the awesome explosions in action with the NPC inside. Third, have 50 chickens, cows, sheep and horses then start whacking at them slaughtering them one by one...aaah the fetish will be completed then. Forth promise, sit munch on popcorn as I see monsters attacking each other and collecting the booties from these monster's bodies while they do the hard work. That is the biggest reason why Faction Editor is in there...* rubs hands together and wipes the droll from my mouth *

Today as I was replaying Ultima 7 black gate and saw the heedless attack the wolves and wolves kill the heedless and new heedless kill the surviving wolves....I don't think I can describe my expression when I saw this beauty.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Three things I promised myself....

Post by Dominus »

Yeah, you could havedone that with Exult Studio years ago... But thanks for sharing these disturbing fantasies with us...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Fahed Al Daye

Post by Fahed Al Daye »

Exult Studio requires the original Ultima VII files to run and you need some sort of C like language skills to do some major modifications. That did not do it for me as a permanent solution to what I need. However, your welcome big time for sharing my "disturbing" fantasies with you guys :D :D :D :D :D :D
torgus dragon

Post by torgus dragon »

It would be neat to set up two towns close to each other and make them attack one another but I don't think that is possible. Or have one lay siege to another etc.
Andrea B Previtera

Post by Andrea B Previtera »

I wish I never gave you advice on how to remove roofs etc. :|
Fahed Al Daye

Post by Fahed Al Daye »

Aww how come Andrea? :(
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

I actually did town attacks to an exent. Before ES and Exult, I used the u7wizard program with the original game and took all the citizens of Britain, and a few other towns and lined them up outside of the blue boar. I gave everyone a musket and 30 rounds of ammo. Half were aligned good, half aligned evil, and avatar was aligned neutral so I could just watch the chaos ensue. Man... that was a fun time.

At one point I acutally did "town tournaments" to see which town had the tougher inhabitants. The rules were simple: all citizens of a town were brought on a small island. One town was algined good, one was aligned evil, I was neutral. I didn't alter any stats or weaponry, they fought with whatever weapon/items/armor they had on naturally. I omitted any invulnerable npcs such as Batlin, LB, etc. The cities with mages usually held an upper hand with the summons and such. I think in most cases, Britain was the victor due to sheer numbers, but If i'm not mistaken one other city actually beat them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
torgus dragon

Post by torgus dragon »

You should make you tube videos of that. Sounds epic.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

I plan on it :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Fahed Al Daye

Post by Fahed Al Daye »

Please doo!!!!
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Discussions like this make me wish I lived in a world populated only by sane people.

But then I think, what would I be doing in it???
Fahed Al Daye

Post by Fahed Al Daye »

Oh come on! You must admit, it is soooooooooo pleasurable seeing NPCs whacking each other...I love games that monsters interact with each other and other NPCs. Even in 3D shoot up rpg games like for example s.t.a.l.k.e.r when a dog and other mutant and wild animals run at NPC or attack other animals I just sit there literally for hours observing them and watching and I get so much satisfaction and fun.
Wizardry Dragon

Post by Wizardry Dragon »

To touch on one topic in here: Town attacks and seiges are more a product of usecode, and speaking as someone who originally played with it in the stone age of usecode before it was fully understood, I can say that while it is a headache it is entirely possible to make two opposing NPCs attack each other in pure usecode, to say nothing about UCC.

There is UCC code for just this sitting somewheres in the TFL repository, waiting for my life to get back on the rails enough to have time to properly attend to merging that version with what I have.

~wiz
Cheers, Wizardry Dragon
Lead Designer, Ultima VII: The Feudal Lands
www.thefeudallands.ca
disASM

Post by disASM »

Before you embark on this path of Guardian-level unvirtuousness, I suggest you ask yourself one thing: What Would the Avatar Do(WWAD)? ;)

Edit by Dominus: this post was a reply to a spammer who tried out or spam defenses - jfyi