Filbercio

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Gunther8787

Filbercio

Post by Gunther8787 »

I should've reported this earlier, but I forgot about this.

After I shortly arrived in Moonshade, I went to those houses up North where the mundanes live and started To nick their thing. Shortly after raiding the first house, Filbercio appeared (yes, on the streets) and he wished to speak to me, then he asked me if I had any news (this situation happened shortly afterwards again until I talked to Flindo, then he vanished).

I could be wrong about this, but you're not supposed to meet Filbercio, until you asked Flindo to arrange a meeting with him.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Filbercio

Post by Dominus »

http://exult.info/faq.php#bug_report

Please provide a savegame or it didn't happen ;)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

I need to reload an older savefile and trigger this again, since I saved over the previous one and I'm going to Gorlab Swamp now, so.

One moment. Hope I can trigger it again.
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

Yes, I triggered it again and at a perfect moment aswell. I saved it right before he wants to talk to me. This time I'm inside that house in front of Filbercio's place (I believe it's Ducio's house) (the guy that calls himself a master).

I have one problem apparently:

"Please include a save game (use common sense if it is really needed). You will find those in the game directories you put in the exult.cfg. They are called exult**bg.sav (** is a number) for BG and exult**si.sav for SI. You can look up the filename in the save game dialog as well (to the right, above the party members). As some parts of the game may require you to complete other quests or stuff before you get to the bug you want to report it's much easier for the team to look at the problem (speeds the process up a bit as they are much more likely you take a look at the problem this way)."

I can't find a folder with saved games from Exult. And I checked in the folder where SI & BG are installed, aswell as in the one where Exult and the exult.cfg file is (I know the name and number from that save file, but god knows where those saved files are...)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

Thanks alot. I found them. One moment (need to find an upload site that doesn't make Shockwave player crash when I'm uploading this).
Gunther8787

Post by Gunther8787 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?w33g3liu7z9wf78

This is the link with the .sav file.
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Bumping this one again, because, I'm having this Filbercio problem again (using latest snapshot)n this time in SI Fixes. It was 23:30 in my game, so I decided to sleep for 10 hours in stefano's bed (since I was there to nick that key). Then I went to The Blue Boar Inn. and I stopped right in front of where Flindo is sitting, because I was going to save my game before closing it. But before I got the chance to do that, Someone shoutted "I Would Have Words With Thee" and there he was again in the Blue Boar inn. asking me if I had any news. I was like "Wtf? I thought they got rid of this bug in this new snapshot?"

And I'm pretty sure this is something Exult related, since I have watched Kikoskia's Serpent Isle Let's Play 3 times already and I can't remember him being stopped by the MageLord BEFORE talking to Flindo (and he uses Dosbox when he LP'ed this game)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Hmm, do you have a savegame *before* he appears? Even if it is like "sleep for 10 hours, walk there and it happens" is better than when he is already on screen.
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

I have one before I go to sleep, it's a savefile from when I'm in Columna's basement. I could re-load this one and save it again after I leave her mansion (my party got seriously injured by that chainsaw trap, so), sleep again (it was already 11pm, so) and then save right before passing his Mansion, because that's what actually triggers it, passing his mansion and then going to either one of the house where the mundanes sleep or entering the Blue Boar Inn.

Not sure if it happens when going to the rangers, since I never tried that.

Or I could give the savefile I mentioned above and then you guys can try it yourself, since I don't know what would be the best savefile, so.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Yes, that sounds like a good savegame to test things out ;)
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

https://www.mediafire.com/?07i96zioqr7xnx7

That's the file. It's named "Be Fast!" with a reason. My plan was to just stand on the stairs when the buzzsaw trap gets activated, and this is how it turned out:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/120mg02.jpg

As you can see, the plan worked perfectly. :P
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Any news?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Not yet, had no time to look at it again. First I tried my hands on fixing some background sfx that were wrong and now some huge personal life thing finally came up... But it's not forgotten ;)
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Ok, was just wondering. Personal stuff should always come first.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I'm trying to trigger it but can't yet... can you give me your exact video options? Maybe it has something to with the resolution. Other than that revision 7308 is a likely troublemaker. I just need to be able to trigger it yet to test that out...
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Have you tried walking under the bridge? The first time this thing got triggered, was by walking under that bridge next to his mansion and staying there until you can (for some reason) see his the indside of his manor and scroll up with the mouse (no clicking on anything). What I saw, was Filbercio strugglewalking (I call it "Strugglewalking", because it looks like someone whose foot got badly injured and tries to open the door or someone who's drunk) towards me.

Haven't played SI Fixes for a month, so one moment, please.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I just need a sure way to trigger it. When you trigger it from that lastvsave can you list the exact steps and route you took (and how long you stayed at one spot, the bridge for example).
If you can do screen recordings a recording of it would help but don't bother if you can't do it ;)

And please give me your exult video options.
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

http://oi40.tinypic.com/28rjprc.jpg

Also I have no idea how to record a game. I know you can record games, but you need some software for it and I have no experience with this, so.

Also, I have tried looking around, trying to find someone who made a vid from this, but it seems that I'm the only one with this thing, which is very strange.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

my guess is that somehow you lured him to some place in his house he can escape from.
When you stand under the bridge close to his house he will find his way right to the wall between you. and then when you go south under the bridge he will step up the stairs. Maybe then he needs to be lured someplace else and suddenly finds himself free...
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

That would probably explain what happened the second time it happened, but not the first time (I walked behind his mansion so I could nick some stuff from those houses behind his place and when I wanted to enter Ducio's house, he opened the windows in his mansion. After I was done nicking Ducio's things, he was standing behind me, asking me if I got any news. And the third time I got myself killed after finding that secret under pothos stairway (since it's the only way to leave that place), and the monks teleported me a little south from Vascuilo's manor. So, I went to the Inn via the left side of town (where the rangers are).
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Grrr, just can't make it trigger for me. Any Windows users around that can reproduce this?
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

I've reloaded this savefile again. And was wandering around his mansion. I didn't meet him. But I could clearly hear him opening and closing a door. After I went inside the Blue Boar Inn., I checked his NPC number (I didn't encounter him) and made a screenshot of it. Hope it helps.

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2yv0uc3.jpg

Why does he have the talk flag activated when I haven't even seen him nor double clicked on him (not sure if that's a perfect english sentence...)?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

You'd need to ask the original u7 devs ;)
The talk flag makes him seek you out, much like the beginning of BG when the Trinsic mayor walks up to you.
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Yes, but according to the SI story, he only wants to speak with you (by randomly warping you into his mansion), after Flindo has arranged a meeting with him. When I first played SI on Exult 1.4.2, I never saw him nor did I hear him opening doors, in fact. I remember that when I checked his user flag (was checking out the exult system) (I was in Flindo's shop then), his user flag was the same as Frigidazzi's. In fact, when I just entered Moonshade, I checked his NPC number to see if this thing was still there in 1.5.1 (since I last checked this under 1.4.9) and he had the wait function, but for some reason his user flag changed to "Talk", so something earlier (probably right before entering Moonshade or maybe even speaking to the NPC you encounter) might trigger this.

I've seen two let's plays from this game and no one has Filbercio problems in their playthrough.

Something funny that did happen after he appeared in the Blue Boar Inn with him is this, I talked to Flindo to arrange a meeting with him and after that was done, I wondered if this could corrupted the story iin that stuff like the Mountains of Freedom ect... would never happen or when Rotoluncia (don't think I spelled that correctly) tries to kidnap one of you companions.

So I thought "if I switch Hack Mover on and put him back into his mansion by standing under that bridge, problem solved!

...but how the heck am I going the get him back in there? He's always wandering around up north...

I know! I'll put him in my bag, run under the bridge and put him back in his mansion! (sounds just like you're playing with barbie dolls or Lego, hahaha)"

But when I put him in my bag, I got teleported into his mansion and the "Meet Filbercio and the rest of the Council Of Mages" plot could begin.

So in theory, kidnapping Filbercio made this sequence start immediately, because I thought he would eventually vanish into his mansion again if I slept somewhere south in town for and hour. But he was still there, and for some awkward reason he came to me and asked me that same question again!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

I could check if I have a savefile from before I talk to anyone in Moonshade or right before entering Moonshade (for example, by being in the Sleeping Bull Inn. or something) and give you this one. Maybe there's a difference between the savefile I already gave you and an earlier one...
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

No, I don't think a savegame would work. He is supposed to have this schedule, he also has this in the original (start a new game in the original and teleport cheat into his mansion and he will immediately start this as well.

If I could reproduce the problem that he escapes his "prison", I could start testing when the regression happened ;(
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

I'll see if I can find from where he's actually exiting his place. The only thing I heard several times yesterrday, were doors opening and closing (in his mansion, that is).

I think it would be annoying to find out that this happens rarely or occasionally, because that would mean that it would be much harder to fix, right?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I really want to fix this ;)
What is your fps setting? Or better just copy/paste your whole cfg here.

Which version of SI do you have? ultima collection or gog.com or... ?
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

GOG.com

I'll upload the .cfg file in a sec. 1 moment.
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Appearently that link shows the settings from the cfg file, instead of creating a download option for the cfg file.

Is this handy for you guys? If not, I'll see if I can get the correct link this time.
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ywmk1 ... fg.example

Just in case.

And I just saw that my fps is 5.
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Wait, that file says 5 and when I check my settings in the game, it says "Speed = 8 fps"...
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

:)
yes, you've linked the example, not the cfg :)
http://exult.info/docs.php#exult_config_location
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Ok, I'm an idiot. I always thought that this was the cfg, since I only found this thing in my Exult map, back in my Vista days (even now)

Well, it did have 3 downloads, so it must've had some use. :P

Anyway:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/be7fw ... /exult.cfg
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

He he, I wonder who downloaded it ;)

I tried again with the cureent Windows snapshot and still can't reproduce. Really strange...
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Haven't been able to trigger him again either. I'm really starting to think that it's something rare in SI...
wmhunt

Post by wmhunt »

I remembered this happening consistently when I did my last playthrough, which would have been months ago. I fired it up today, and sure enough, upon arrival in Moonshade, here comes Filbercio asking me "Ah, tis thee...Any news?" I had to walk around the palace a few times to get him to do it.
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

The big question is: "From where is he coming?" The doors from his mansion are tightly shut, so.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Wmhunt if you find a sure way to reproduce this it would really help. clockwise or counter clockwise around the mansion, hugging the walls or not, starting point etc...
--
Read the Rules!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

Something I forgot to ask:

"Other than that revision 7308 is a likely troublemaker."

What is "revision 7308"?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Each commit one of the devs makes to our source repository gets a number. So if one wants to reference a certain commit you can use this number ;)
--
Read the Rules!
wmhunt

Post by wmhunt »

Well, I've poked around for 30 minutes or so, and can't get Filbercio to come out of the palace. I did remove the roof tiles so I can watch him try to follow me around. Anytime I'm near a wall, here comes Filbercio! But of course he doesn't initiate any conversation. It was kinda fun to make Filbercio chase me all around the palace, but for the life of me, I can't get him outside. From what I remember, it's always when I'm near the Blue Boar, but I had no luck.

There was a bit of fun after I removed the roof. Filbercio went into the palace kitchen, hopped onto the butter churn, then to the stove, then the chimney, and out onto the walls to chase me down. Of course that wouldn't happen if I hadn't deleted the roof tiles.

http://imgur.com/ypN6EJR

Ha!
Gunther2

Post by Gunther2 »

That's the same message that I always get. And yes, it also always appears near the Blue Boar Inn. The first time was outside of Ducio's house (which is right across Filbercio's place), the second time it was when I wanted to enter the necromage (forgot his name)'s house, when he shouted "I would Have Words With Thee" and the third time was in the Blue Boar Inn. Right before I wanted to talk to Flindo to arrange a meeting with him, he shouted "I Wish To Speak with Thee"

At first I thought: "Yes, it seems that Filbercio thing was also part from the 1.4.9. bugs", but when I saw that sentence appearing I thought: "Who wants to speak with me, I just got here...?", then I saw him appearing and said "Oh god, not again... -_- and this time he's even coming inside the Inn.?"

Also, I really think Filbercio should change his title from "MageLord" to "MageStalker", especially when you read that letter that Frigidazzi gives to Sham for the Avatar. :P

@ that pic: I'm pretty sure Filbercio's parents were performers when they were young, he inherited that skill.

Also, for some reson my companions keep yelling "Cute Bird" even when that parrot ain't around (this is only in Moonshade), is there a reason why they yell this when he's not around? Are they speaking about other bird in the sky or are they just retarded?

I could understand why Iolo would shout this, since he's old and worried sick about Gwenno, so he's probably about to loose it. But Dupre, Shamino or Boydon...
Gotcha!

Post by Gotcha! »

"Also, for some reson my companions keep yelling "Cute Bird" even when that parrot ain't around (this is only in Moonshade)..."

I've noticed it too. Didn't bother me that much since it stops after Ale becomes Edrin again.