Kudos

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Lord Rat

Kudos

Post by Lord Rat »

After playing for a while, I would really like to thank you developers for some really appreciated enhancements in the Exult version over the original.

First, the ability to change the resolution is outstanding!!

I use the 500 something resultion and the game looks really nice.

Additionally, antialiasing makes the game look a million times better than the aliased versions. The developers for the SAI and SuperEagle engines need to be commended for their outstanding work.

Now, for some other enhancements:

Keys in BG. Whooo hooo. I am finally glad I don't have to double click a key, click a door, double click the next key, click a door, etc.

In fact, I used to carry around keys and then when I found a door it worked on, I would drop the key right there on the floor (since the game saves the item locations of everything in the world). This was so I didn't have to fish past it next time. I've started actually carrying all my keys with me.

The Paper doll in BG. Another big plus. I really can't say much more than wow, what a difference in the overall feel it makes.

So, thanks:)
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore

Re: Kudos

Post by Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore »

512x384 is a nice res to play Exult at (play it at 640x480 at home).

The Exult team are, frankly, amazing. If I were a games company boss, I'd hire them in a heartbeat.
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

If the Exult developers were doing this as a commercial game company, they'd be flooded with resumes :-)
Who wouldn't want to work with DrCode, wjp, Colourless, Nadir, Dominus, et al? :-)

bb
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

*blushes* Thanks!

Too bad we're spread all over the world. I've looked into game jobs, but have a couple problems:

1. Most want 3D engine experience. I know we all love Ultima7, but it is about 10 years old.

2. There don't seem to be any game companies in NW Oregon, and I don't feel like moving for a while.

Maybe someday we can create a 'virtual' company and produce new Ultima-like games:-)