Hack mover / weight restriction

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Rail

Hack mover / weight restriction

Post by Rail »

I was curious if anyone knows a way to be able to carry more than one bag at a time? I know when I played U7 originally I was able (by using the hack mover) to carry as many bags and garbage as I wanted.

With Exult, I can no longer do this. Is this a bug, or is the hack mover just not as good as the original?
wjp
Site Admin

Re: Hack mover / weight restriction

Post by wjp »

I think our hack-mover doesn't remove the volume check. (It does remove the weight check, btw, IIRC)

You can carry two bags, btw, but your backpack can't carry much more than that.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

I could manage three bags in the backpack in SI - they had obviously tweaked the volume #s there. BG would only allow two.

Neutronium Dragon
Trevor_Clim

Post by Trevor_Clim »

i used often a bug in the original ultima 7 BG:

you put two bags in your backpack, then you put a two-handsword on your back.
after then you put the 3rd bag, the one you want in the backpack, in one hand and in the other hand you put another item.
make sure that no other weapons are in your backpack or inventory but the 2handsword.

then you close the inventory and press C for combat mode.

the character switches automatically to the 2handsword and the bag is being put in the backpack :)

it works with the avatar for sure in the original u7 :)

disadvantage: your backpack is blocked after that, you cant put anymore items in it unless you remove the 3rd back

(sorry for my bad english :D )
------------------SIGNATURE--------------------
Is this virtuous?
Soen

Post by Soen »

I noticed something a bit odd about the hack mover in SI. when I went to get an invisible chest down from atop a monolith just to the north-east of the Sleeping Bull Inn, hack mover wouldn't let me move it from the monolith onto the ground, kept saying that it "couldn't get there". I moved it to the Avatar's hand and then to the ground which worked fine. Oddness