SFX

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
siodine

SFX

Post by siodine »

I remember in the origonal you could hear footsteps, and other things im probably missing...Is there any soundpacks that are near the quality of the origonal, maybe it just sounds different because when I used to play the ultima series, I was on a P1 with soundblaster...Now im on a Compaq with some intergrated audio card(the sound quality is good on other programs), SoundMAX Integrated audio
Armchair_Avatar

Re: SFX

Post by Armchair_Avatar »

There were footstep sounds in Ultima 8, but not in Ultima 7.
Yu

Post by Yu »

why a moongate non have any sound effect how in original u7 - blackgate
Skutarth

Post by Skutarth »

I hate integrated sound cards. My motherboard has one that has major problems with every single program I have. Luckily, I'll get a new motherboard with an AMD CPU combo. I get to have an unintegrated sound card. I just got surround sound speakers, anyway. What's a good, worthwhile, and cheap AMD chip?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

sorry, I'm really not out for your blood, belive it or not. But why don't you just look up any online shop or the place you are going to buy it from? Why ask this here, in a thread that is about sfx in Exult?
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Skutarth

Post by Skutarth »

Because then I can get a sound card that ISN'T integrated so it will work right...
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

You should be able to disable the integrated sound card on your current motherboard and install a PCI one.
fliptw

Post by fliptw »

heck, the best chipset for the AMD chips is the nforce2 series... with the best consumer-level audio you can find already integrated.

something like the epox 8RDA+