Auto-stack

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Keelhaul

Auto-stack

Post by Keelhaul »

Items still dont stack as they did with the DOS engine (e.g. money, regs, lockpicks etc.) I beg you to implement this =)

Also, keys arent auto-added to the keyring when dragged into the inventory. And When dragging an item onto a char, its placed into his backpack, no longer into the belt bag...
Dester

Re: Auto-stack

Post by Dester »

Yes, I noticed the same problem autostacking money.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

You mean that if you put one stack of coins on top of another, they don't join? I'm pretty sure that was working for me a few weeks ago, but maybe it got broken. In any case, it is supposed to work.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

They do join if you stack them manually, but if you drag piles into your backpack, they don't automatically join together; you have to do it yourself. In the original it stacked your money or lockpicks automatically, now you get lots of little piles! Anyway, other than that no probs so far!
Thankyou for your work (as ever!)
EarthquakeDamage

Hrmm...

Post by EarthquakeDamage »

Personally, I used to play with the belt bag holding important goods and the backpack holding stock crap. I haven't tried Exult (I intend to sometime within the next few days) yet, but I get the feeling they meant to stuff crap into the backpack because the team may feel the way I do: cramming @!#$ into your belt bag where you hold the cool goods gets annoying because you keep having to reorganize.
Tim

Re: Hrmm...

Post by Tim »

Speaking of the belt bags...

Exult (BG) doesn't always let me keep a bag on the belt. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Mostly the bag goes in the backpack.
Tim

Post by Tim »

By the way...

I remember the original BG never allowing me to have the belt bag. SI always did, but BG never did. Exult works about 25% of the time for me.
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

This probably depends on if you're wearing something else in that slot. Because of the way the original BG works, the 'shield behind back', 'weapon behind back' and 'belt' slots are one and the same in BG. (So if you have a weapon on your back, you can't use your belt slot)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

wjp: hm, I think I have to include this in the next FAQ update... :-)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!