7/7 Snapshot - BG "Wait" not working

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Soul Harvester

7/7 Snapshot - BG "Wait" not working

Post by Soul Harvester »

I apologize if this is already submitted, for some reason on this dialup connection I cannot access nearly half of sourceforge.

In the 7/7 snapshot in a new game, I went to the isle of fire, and asked Iolo and Spark to "Wait". I teleported away (using the moongate) then teleported back (test of courage moongate) and poof - they were gone.

Iolo was loitering in Smith's stable, and spark was back in trinsic, eating, even though I'd asked them to wait.
Soul Harvester

Re: 7/7 Snapshot - BG "Wait" not working

Post by Soul Harvester »

Sorry ... 1.1x release
Ezric

Post by Ezric »

I've noticed that problem in the 1.1x branch for awhile. In fact, has it ever worked right? Iolo seems to be the worst offender for me, wandering off even before I walk or teleport away. A character that does it just seems to return to their normal business schedule.
Soul Harvester

Post by Soul Harvester »

This is the first 1.1x release I've used so it might have been broken since the beginning. Doesn't prevent anything, although is fairly humourous. Spark is heartbroken that I make him leave, but I tell him to wait, almost a promise that I will be coming back soon - And what does he do? Runs off to the trinsic pub and gets toked up on Ale.
fliptw

Post by fliptw »

Maybe the party members get bored and wonder off if you don't come back soon enough.
Ezric

Post by Ezric »

It has nothing to do with how long you're away. As I said above, sometimes they'll wander off the very instant you say "Wait here".
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I'd like to fix this, and had it happen to me the second time I tried it. But I can't get it to happen again, despite 6 tries. I'll try a few more times, assuming you're right that if they're going to wander off, they do it immediately.
Soul

Post by Soul »

IIRC spark and iolo stayed put until i teleported away in the FoV test... i teleported back and they were gone, instantly, as if their schedule kicked in and the game teleported them to the proper place.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

I've tried it several ways, teleporting away, hitting ctrl-t several times to pass time. The problem only happened once, and I wasn't able to repeat it. What's supposed to happen is that they get put in the 'wait' schedule; and once that's set, it shouldn't change until you ask them to join again.