forge of virtue bug issues

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Felipe Gasper

forge of virtue bug issues

Post by Felipe Gasper »

Hello,

I am playing through U7 right now w/ .96beta1 (btw, thanks again *so* much!), but am finding a number of bugs with the Forge of Virtue quest. For one, I can't save without the game crashing. When I start back up, the save that I made isn't there, but I can "journey onward" to where I was. This was okay until this morning when I went to "best" the dragon (before making the sword), and he wasn't there! So I saved the game and came back, but now the walls have gone back up (and the helmets have gone back to their original spots), and I'm trapped with no dragon to send me back to the castle.
I suppose I'll re-load and do the whole Forge f Virtue sequence over....:-( Any ideas?

-Felipe Gasper
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: forge of virtue bug issues

Post by Dominus »

I checked this and yes there is a problem at the forge. I could reproduce it by sailing close to the isle and only saving when I landed on it.
When I passed it in a big circle and saved frequently on the voyage, Exult didn't crash on me when saving.
And this crash happens while saving, therefore it didn't save all the required data (that's also why you heard the wrong music playing on reload).
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

I think Colourless & I fixed this a few days ago. The fix should be in one of the first snapshots we do after the beta. (Should be within a few days)
Steve Wood

Post by Steve Wood »

I too am running .96 B1 and used the carpet to get the Forge done, it was bugless for me.