Wisps are attacking me!!

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Alucard

Wisps are attacking me!!

Post by Alucard »

When I enter yew zone,Wisps are attacking me~,and I didn't attack them.
that I can't talk to them,so I can't answer emps reason~~
plz help~~~

Video:Getforce4Ti4200
Audio:AC97 on board
Alucard

Re: Wisps are attacking me!!

Post by Alucard »

Forget saying~
I use the latest ver. Exult~
dag

Post by dag »

search the forum, for as far as i remember, this has been discussed several
times.
wisps get hostile very easily, i think they attack you as soon as you get into
combat mode, or even immediately when they see you. i know, this can get
very annoying...
but when you've got the whistle, you can talk to them by simply using it.
don't know if this is a 'bug' or a 'feature', but it should happen in the original
game as well.
Daemongar

Post by Daemongar »

Nah - it wasn't in the original version. The Great Forest was hard enough without impossible to kill wisps attacking - 2 or 3 at a time.

I had to enable hackmover to put the wisps in a bag to keep them from making my game hell, but they respawn, so you end up with a bag full of angry wisps and more on the way.

Very hard to find emps, train, go to bee cave, or stop and loot battlefields. I'm sure there's a flag or something to set, but I haven't found it.

Maybe if I delete my saves and reinstall the latest snapshot?! I don't know, but everything else works fab!
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

There are some wisps that attack; these are the ones in the forest. Others, the ones in the building, you can talk to. It's the same as in the original. And wisps cannot be killed. The only difference in Exult is that it's harder to run away from them than it should be.
DemonKnight

Post by DemonKnight »

>And wisps cannot be killed. The only difference in Exult is that it's harder to run away from them than it should be.

Thats not true. I used the Black Sword's death power on the wisps once before, and the demon kills the wisps for u, saying something about the wisps being weak insignifcant creatures, and that if u cant kill them urself, he'll kill them for u. Also, in both the original, and the way exult works for me, the wisps werent that hostile and only attacked if u went into combat mode, and attacked them. This occurred with both wisps inside, and outside (scattered all around) the building, as well as being able to talk to the wisps inside and outside the building.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Okay, I hadn't tried using the Black Sword. I guess that has precedence over the 'cant_die' flag that is set for Wisps. In my version of BG, the wisps in the forest are set to 'hostile', so they do attack, but the indoor ones are friendly.
Kagehi Kossori

Post by Kagehi Kossori »

Yes. In one or two walkthroughs it is quite clear - never attack the wisps, since once you attack one, they will all be hostile from then on (with the exception of the one in the building). This annoyed the heck out of me, since every time I had them non-agressive, I got stuck with one of the bloody things following me around and accidently getting hit fighting something else. It was the only single things about Ultima 7 that seriously pissed me off. lol