Photoshop and Pixel Artists Needed!

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Knight Captain

Photoshop and Pixel Artists Needed!

Post by Knight Captain »

I'm hacking away on my SI mod, and running into some artistic needs. So if anyone out there can help with these, it would be appreciated:

New SI-style faces, which I'm told can be converted from photos via our Photoshop plugin.
New shapes, both humanoids and single-frame objects.
New sprites (animations).

If you can help, please email me. I don't want to ruin some plot surprises by posting the full list here.
Gotcha!

Re: Photoshop and Pixel Artists Needed!

Post by Gotcha! »

I hope someone can; looking forward to the release. :)
I wish I could help, but I'm as artistic as a crumpled paper bag.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

I did get one reply, which I'm quite grateful for. We may have some long-wished for plot additions coming down the pipeline.

Anyone with Photoshop and a bit of artistic talent has a moongate waiting for them to walk through!
Francois424

Post by Francois424 »

Eill your mod add extra party members ?
The lack of quality party members from the original Serpent Isle really blew

- Boydon - Excellent party member... Unless he dies, Pagan-style (Really wish you could just drop him back into Erstam's machine e/o a phoenix egg to revive him. Would be annoying, but better than now...

- Petra - Excellent party member... Quite late as I remember, and won't stick around unless you cheese the game (Easy to do tho). Recruiting her the first time you go in Moonshade would be very interesting.

- Gweno - Excellent as well, will only join after Dupré's demise (so very late)

- Wilfred - Such a coward and it's unrealistic to hope to get to keep him.

- Automatons : all look the same, can't be trained, won' join party if already 3 companions

You can ask Luther to join you, but he always decline the offer.
Cantra was planned as recruitable? I remember seeing some art with her in the party. Kinda female version of Spark.

Getting Selina into the party as a permanent possibility would be nice too, unfortunately she's only a temporary companion.

Even hack-joining ppl into the group is bad as the paperdolls default to male blonde avatar and most forced add-on wont train at the List Field (seem to hang when they are supposed to lose).

Thanks for dedicating your time to make SI better. Until Ian Frasier is able to remake U7+U7p2 in one huge game as he'd like to do, Exult +mods are just the best ! :-)
_________
Enlightenment Dragon
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Salut Enlightenment Dragon,

Yes, additional party members are planned.

Johnson will join in the Goblin Camp once he is rescued from captivity, and assist with avenging Astrid. He will leave once you triumphantly return to Monitor. He will later write another book based on his experiences in the camp.

Cantra will want to join once she is cured, and will be reunited with her mother. I have a short cutscene planned.

Andrio will join once he is freed from the Seminarium. This fits with the Beta's plot that one of his spells went awry and created many headlesses trapping him inside.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

So some specific needs:

Dead plants, recolors of the existing plant shapes for one-to-one swaps.
Johnson's paperdoll head.
Cantra's paperdoll head.
Andrio's paperdoll head.

I've got an edited face and shape for Johnson, though I need to make him a Bear, I think.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

In addition to the defeated in training code, NPCs must also be listed in getJoinableNPCNumbers 0x98D for the opponent's post-List-Field dialog to appear.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

Remember the bug where you would train someone (Petra before banes released?) and they would die then transport to the house of the dead?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

No? Looking at Petra's code, she doesn't have the same partyDefeatedOnListField code that the other party members typically have. Since it's the same for each party member, I moved it to a new function for Johnson and the others.
Francois424

Post by Francois424 »

Cool knowing about new companions. Appreciate it.
In my current game I ended-up with Petra, the wizard you rescue from the temple, Boydon and Gwenno.

I waited until curing Gwenno to force add her, and also forced that wizard otherwise he just leave. Boydon and Petra where no problems (I "Recruited" Petra after returning from the mountains of freedom). I level them using the console as I did not trust the trainers since it hanged on the companion's death if they lost.

That wizard really have bad stats, but I wanted a party of 8.
The interface for battle strategy does not pop on the screen anymore when you go beyond 6 characters as well but it's a minor issue.

Looking forward to my next playthru with the changes you guys are doing with the banes/die-off and the new people.

Thank you.
_________
Enlightenment Dragon
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

The interface for battle strategy does not pop on the screen anymore when you go beyond 6 characters as well but it's a minor issue.
I wonder if that is fixable by adding some additional frames to it? With the new party members available, it would be nice to fully support up to 8 characters.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

(Not to mention that battle strategies do nothing)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Not an easy fix in SI, as the gump numbers used for this do not do frames.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

Bump for ways to help this move along:

Need correct in-hand offsets for Andrio's mageling shape. The current ones are incorrect.

Need correct in-hand offsets for the Ratman shape. There are none currently listed, so they will never appear to hold weapons.

Cantra's in-hand offsets may be off as well, but are close.
shigzeo

Post by shigzeo »

Bugger: I wasn't able to figure out how to email you. The plus sign screwed with me. I'm half graphic artist, half photographer. If I can help, I'm happy to.
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

I've emailed you!