Savage Empire Remake update

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Scythifuge

Savage Empire Remake update

Post by Scythifuge »

Greetings,

I know some of you know, but for those who do not, I am getting back into creating assets for the Savage Empire Remake, in addition to assets for other, Ultina-style projects, including Martian Dreams, Steampunk/Victorian, medieval, and cyberpunk/sci-fi assets.

I took some pics of my screen to show off a bunch of sprites. I always did a slow release, though I have been absent for a while, so I felt it best to show a bunch of stuff off.

Here is the link to the FB page where the pics of the sprites can be seen (I can't recall how to set up a url, my apologies.)

https://m.facebook.com/Scythifuge/?tsid ... rce=result

I deal with chronic pain, malaise, amd exhaustion. However, I have a lot of time on my hands now, so I will be working as I can, from now on. Feedback is welcome! I don't mind criticism, since it will help me to improve my skills. Though I should note that for some, a few sprites will be familiar, and many are WIPs.

Scythifuge Dragon
Gotcha!

Re: Savage Empire Remake update

Post by Gotcha! »

The only criticism I can give at the moment is: They're photos of your screen, making it very hard to see what's going on.
Why don't you make screenshots instead?
Grimlock Dragon

Post by Grimlock Dragon »

Yes, nicely done Scythifuge!

There is something called Snipping Tool in Windows that is pretty handy for screenshots. Just type that into the search box.
Scythifuge

Post by Scythifuge »

Thank you for your comments!

I am cleaning up a lot of stuff, reorganizing things, amd setting up my workstation in a way that will be comfortable with my post accident pain issues.

It has been a long time since I posted anything, and even then I active, I didn't share a whole lot. I am using a 65" 4k display for my main display, so I had the idea to snap some pics to show off how I am doing things.

Once things are better set up and cleaned up, and after I am back into the swing of things (I haven't drawn in a while, and I have to get used to it again,) I will go back to taking actual screenshots. I wanted to give quick sneak peak, since it has been so long.

I am hoping to have something set up in Exult with maybe a video, in a few weeks. Though the time frame will depend on my health and other factors. However, as I can, I will be working on assets.

Scythifuge Dragon
Knight Captain

Post by Knight Captain »

SnagIt is relatively inexpensive and does both screenshots, screen area snips, and video.

I'd love to see some of these as SHP files.