Please help with installing mods

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Yoster

Please help with installing mods

Post by Yoster »

Hello,

Sorry if I'm a complete moron, but I'm having trouble installing mods. It seems that the readme's aren't helping because they are referring to paths that do not exist.

I have "The Complete Ultima VII" installed in "D:Games" and inside there are two folders "Ultima7" and "Serpent". I then installed Exult in D:Games as well. Exult works perfectly but I'd like to startover with the keyring mod.

So, I put a "Mods" folder inside each of "Ultima7" and "Serpent" folders, and unzipped the keyring mod files into both folders. The game starts, and I am able to choose "SHOW MODS" and pick "Black Gate keyring mod" but then the game crashes.

I am using Windows 10x64.

Thank you kindly.
Gotcha!

Re: Please help with installing mods

Post by Gotcha! »

Hi there,

The Keyring mod is only meant for The Black Gate, so it won't work in Serpent Isle.

The 'Mods' folder should hold the Keyring folder and Keyring.cfg file, but I bet you did that right, or the mod wouldn't have shown up in-game at all.

Are you sure you're using the latest Exult snapshot?
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Please copy/paste your stdout.txt and stderr.txt here
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Yoster

Post by Yoster »

Hey guys, thanks for responding! Firstly, please allow me to express my gratitude for your work in creating Exult!

And secondly, feel free to grumble, but I managed to get it to work...... D'oh.

The first time I tried only putting the (2) keyring files in the "Mods/Ultima 7" folder (that I had to create) but that didn't seem to work, and someone somewhere suggested also putting it into the "Mods/Serpent" folder so I tried that. But just now, I re-downloaded the files, made sure I was using the most up to date snapshot, put the (2) files into the "Mods/Ultima 7" folder, and presto chango, it worked!

So, I apologize for taking up your time.... but please know that I'm super appreciative of your quick responses and willingness to keep the best RPG ever alive :D

~Y
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Glad you got it working
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!