EStudio eggs

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Fretka Furlet

EStudio eggs

Post by Fretka Furlet »

I'd like to copy an existing egg on the map and place several copies.
I can find an explanation of how to cut one out and replace it elsewhere, but not how to leave it there and place identical copies with out recreating it in a new egg.

If anyone could point me to where this is documented (and any other egg mechanics not covered in the FAQ) or tell me directly, I'd be profoundly grateful :)

Background:
I'm playing around with creating a slightly refined version of the Keyring/FoV/BG map. My Botanist instincts are forcing me to make more varied, attractive, and realistic farms and place them around more communities. Also would like to add more reagent spawns on the landscape, including more types of them.
Black Pearl will probably have to be left as only bought: It would need to be collected from river oysters or mussels, probably by using a rake along the river banks. The pearl shape is very difficult to see, so it'd be best (and more fun) to rake up oyster ''bodies'' and loot the pearls from them. Quite a bit of design work and beyond my pay grade.

Other than the reagent collecting, I'm not looking to change any gameplay features, just the esthetics. The modified map file folder would just need to be copied into MOD\Keyring\Data - if you haven't modified those specific squares yourself. When I have a decent and bug-free version, I'd be happy to upload it to share with anyone interested.

Fretka

No ferrets were harmed in the typing of this post, although some of their own comments were deleted to preserve clarity.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: EStudio eggs

Post by Dominus »

Unfortunately you can't copy/paste eggs with their settings.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Fretka Furlet

Post by Fretka Furlet »

Ohhh kay. Good to know. I'll just do it by hand.

And, thank you!
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

you can double click an egg, then create a new egg, and it will default to the previous egg contents/attributes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Oh neat ;)
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

the idea to fish up oysters and pick the pearls from them would be easy to do. make a closed oyster shape, open oyster shape with pearl, then open and empty oyster shape. It would be easy to code - double clicking the closed fished up oyster shape would switch it to open, maybe a random chance to get an empty open oyster or open oyster with pearl
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Fretka Furlet

Post by Fretka Furlet »

I tried that egg 'duping' trick and it worked perfectly. Thankee Mr. AOG !

As for the oyster pearls, I can probably manage the GIMPing graphics (I need the practice anyway), and making eggs to spawn them should be within my grasp, but the coding for the behavior is a mystery to me right now.

I can start by researching the appearance of actual pearl-producing river bivalves. That could be interesting in it's own right.