The avatar can't walk worth anything.

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
cutelilitta

The avatar can't walk worth anything.

Post by cutelilitta »

Just starting off, as I have with many versions before, but...
Now the avatar chugs as they walk, constantly stopping and starting. All the NPCs are moving fine, but the player character is unplayably janky. :o
I'm willing to bet that I've just have some settings misapplied, anyone have ideas?
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: The avatar can't walk worth anything.

Post by Dominus »

You can try whether upping the fps better masks the problem.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
cutelilitta

Post by cutelilitta »

Whoops, I think it's a glitch
restarting the game fixes it, but it is triggered again by any shift in the z axis whatsoever. Avatar just forgets how to walk on solid ground after walking up stairs or even over a piece of wood.
Fretka

Post by Fretka »

I've been having a similar issue: game will be moving along normally, then moving becomes jerky and very slow. If I stand still, the game seems more or less normal. Sometimes goes back to normal on it's own after a few seconds, othertimes I have to save and reload.
Noticed a few coincidences: often happens at the same moment as some in-game event, like rain starting. Might be sometimes associated with walking over some object or boundary on the map.
Normally, the game uses less than 1% of my cpu cycles, but when the problem is occuring, that soars to about 10%, suggesting some issue with the game engine (caught in a loop or whatever?).