Free ULTIMA 7 and expansion?

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Kestral

Free ULTIMA 7 and expansion?

Post by Kestral »

Its on the french abandonware WEBSITE ...black gate is french but when you download forge of virtue it makes it english also you can download Serpents Isle for free too same with pagan...but the pagan one is french and i wish i knew how to change it to english...good thing i know latin cuz its easy to understand some words
Warder

Re: Free ULTIMA 7 and expansion?

Post by Warder »

It's not free, it's software piracy. Whether it should be made publically available for download or not is a good question, but as it is right now any site that hosts U7 for download is breaking all sorts of laws.
painful

Post by painful »

:sigh: Another topic that will be frozen. Look, if you want any ultima for a cheap price, go to Ebay and look for it in an auction. Otherwise you'll have to find it via the Ultima Collection which is hard to find in stores as it is. People need to quit posting threads about abandonware sites hosting ultimas. Ultima7 and 8 isnt even old enough to qualify for true abandonware. It's painfully obvious from all the other frozen threads that its not a subject to be posted about.

Maybe the exult team needs to look into getting a few volunteers to be moderators on these forums, just to keep such topics from staying long. I'd gladly volunteer. It'd give more space for legit topics to be discussed about the engine, and less frozen threads about this such topic.
-kel, ascendence.net
Tristan de Inés

Post by Tristan de Inés »

I hereby make a prophecy, for I foresee a very short lifespan of this thread.
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

You're right, this thread will soon be dead.

Why not pester EA to start selling the Ultima Collection again; it ought to cost around $12-15 at the most. Maybe they could include Exult:-)
artaxerxes
Site Admin

Post by artaxerxes »

now that's a really great idea to get them to add Exult to the lot! As well as the other tools used to play the other ultimas. Like, nuvie (when it's ready enough to be fully playable, or underworld adventures) and maybe a dosbox in the lot just in case for the other ultimas.
Maybe even put the whole on a bootable CD running Knoppix or some other CD-based distro. Well, maybe that's too much! ;-) But the exult idea in the pack is great!

Artaxerxes