vesper

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Lost Iolo

vesper

Post by Lost Iolo »

by the way what ever happened to vesper? It dissipeared after u4 then reappeared in u7? how is this possible? also shouldn't there be a story behind it? in the ant caves in u6 i thougth i had found the ruins of vesper at the very bottom level there are 4 square building like structures so i guessed that was them. its uncanny how uniform they look. and also at the place where u find the map in the ant caves there is a crystal pedestal which one ant sits on i am guessing the queen. And that pedestal is much like other citys in u6. and besides what you think would be a cool lost city in u7 is really just a boom town a mining town. BORING and no one will talk to you except some of the hating humans. whatever happened to grattitude. i saved the gargoyle race. :)
Natreg

Re: vesper

Post by Natreg »

When lake generosity (I think that was it´s name) dried, vesper citizens abandon the city, the shepherds go to new magincia the others I don´t know.

"new" vesper was created when they discovered blackrock mines in that part of the land.

I think the gargoyles went there because Sin Vraal was living there too.

not really an official story just what I think :)
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

You forget another thing... Vesper wasn't there at all in Ultima 9 and there wasn't even a desert anywhere in Britannia, either!!!
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

lol I didni´t forget it, but... better not to talk too much about Ascension landscape :)
painful

Post by painful »

Actually the full map that was never finished but left in the game files had a spot for Vesper in Ascension. But the condensed map that Origin was forced to use left alot of key locations out, including Vesper. There are several 'desert' or 'desolate' areas in Ascension, but there's none located near Vesper's location in the condensed map.

Personally, I think it would have been interesting to see some ruins around New Vesper in U7 from the original city. Remnants of the past make for great atmosphere.
-kel, ascendence.net