another way to finish BG

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
D

another way to finish BG

Post by D »

not really related to anything important, but an amusing thing to do nonetheless...

before heading tothe final dungeon, kill lord british , proceed to the final dungeon... at the final battle, cast armaggedon causing everyone (including batlin) to die..... don't destroy the BG, isntead step into it....

there we go, everyone but the avatar loses... .all the folks in britannia are dead and the guardian has nothing to look forward to....

or u can also destroy the blackgate thus truly stranding the avatar in britannia... it'll be a slow, lonely and boring death for the avatar... everyone loses
Gunnar

Re: another way to finish BG

Post by Gunnar »

Actually Batlin doesn't die on casting armaggedon. Go to the branch in britain he has some special words for you
Andrea B Previtera

Post by Andrea B Previtera »

And so does Horance, the lich in Skara Brae, he will still be un-alive, and he will have some words of wisdom for you. Quite funny someone actually bothered traveling the world and seeing if someone was left alive, after casting Armageddon.
Natreg

Post by Natreg »

Well... I did... but at that age I didn´t have a life :)
sleepisapillow

Post by sleepisapillow »

Actually, I just tried casting Armageddon both when Horance is evil, and when he's cured. In both cases he seems to die. Is this a difference from the original?
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Might be a bug in Exult. We had to hard-code exceptions (LB, Batlin) to the everyone-dies code.
D

Post by D »

actually batlin does die... what i did before heading to the final dungeon was talk to batlin with the cube, he runs away (teleports)

and during the final encounter , he will die if u cast armaggedon
Battered Dragon

Post by Battered Dragon »

If so, its probably a bug in exult replacing the older original bug in U7 where he survived Armageddon but could be killed by a death bolt (lvl 7 spell).
In either case its technically a bug because Batlin has to survive the entirety of BG for wellknown storyline reasons.
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

You can cast ressurrect to bring some dead people back to life...