minor.. but interesting.. bug

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Crysta the Elf

minor.. but interesting.. bug

Post by Crysta the Elf »

before i say it i want to say i hope we dont have to go over how im too lazy to use the bug tracker yet again.. T.T

ok.. anyway... parking a carriage in BG within about 2 cartlengths of an unowned carriage causes both to act as unowned until you own both

to see what i mean, take th cart from trinsic to brit, and park it just west of the little building with the brit cart, facing the same way (didnt test it for other directions yet), stop it, and try to start it again.. if you CAN, move it a bit closer then try it again

this is on the unstable builds.. i just tried it on mine which was a snapshot from last month, then updated it to see if it had been fixed, hich it hadnt :P
Crysta the Elf

Re: minor.. but interesting.. bug

Post by Crysta the Elf »

oh.. and if you cant get it and need a savestate just say so, i have one where its just happened as well as just before :P
olarin_had_a_password_once

Post by olarin_had_a_password_once »

i *think* i remember encountering this bug in the original.
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Bah, who really cares? Is there anyone out there who seriously owned a cart in the game? I once did, but I realized what a big waste of time and money it was.

Still, if anyone wants one, I won't stand in the way. But this bug is really minor (as you already put it) would it really be worthwhile to go through the effort of hammering it down?
Gunnar

Post by Gunnar »

I had one, but I forgot where I left it behind, same thing with the carpet which I found by accident.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

I think that bug used to be much more severe. It had been reported some time ago already and Dr.Code fixed it somewhat.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

ah. well, its still there but if its what you say then its much less severe :P
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

When you double-click the cart, the usecode function for it searches the area for a certain piece, I think the seat. You have to have a deed whose 'quality' value matches that of the seat. I'm sure what's happening is that the wrong seat is being found.
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

*quickly checks in the usecode* It searches for the draft horse; other than that, you are absolutely right. What remains of the bug now is essentially an usecode bug -- and a very easy one to fix, even (with new usecode, that is): all that is needed is to go through the list of nearby horses and look for one which shares the same 'barge' as the double-clicked item.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
WWWWolf

Post by WWWWolf »

I had a cart when I started playing in the 0.9x releases, but that got stuck on the road so I didn't use it for the rest of the game. (The thing got stuck on the road down from Minoc, where the headless attacked. I took the cart apart with hackmover and it seems that there was one of those round black shields under the cart, probabably left around when I wass shuffling the loot and threw the shield away. Weird.)

Exult has had some odd unreproducable cart bugs, like when I drove down the road in Britain and the inn sign got stuck on Dupre's face when he was sitting next to the Avatar on front. That probably hurt =)
- Weyfour WWWWolf, a lupine technomancer from the cold north
[a.k.a.: Hoki-Aamrel the Cherry-Red Dragon -==(UDIC)==- ]
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

thats why you should always duck when on a cart :P

anyway, another , different bug... this one i'm not sure if its a problem caused by the normal build or by Marzo's keyring patch... so i'll just put it here

every wild wisp doesnt show its portrait.. the only one that does is the one in the house in the woods of Yew...
marzo
Site Admin

Post by marzo »

Re: Crysta: Yes, this is due to my patch. Will be fixed in the next update.
------
Marzo Sette Torres Junior
aka Geometrodynamic Dragon
[url=http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]How To Ask Questions The Smart Way[/url]
Crysta the Elf

Post by Crysta the Elf »

ah

see? sometimes i DO have good eyes... and memory... :P