Attn: Dominus (Pentagram & Intel Mac)

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
MeddlingMonk

Attn: Dominus (Pentagram & Intel Mac)

Post by MeddlingMonk »

Dominus, recently I submitted a bug report for a build problem with Pentagram affection Fedora 11. That's mostly fixed but it's possible that in the fixing it broke building in OSX. At least, it's broken now in OSX PPC whatever the cause. Maybe it'd help some to know whether it's a problem on the Intel side as well. Or maybe it won't help at all. For me it fails at "/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_THREAD_SAFE -c -o filesys/SavegameWriter.o filesys/SavegameWriter.cpp" so if you encounter the same problem nothing is added; but if you don't, maybe that'll help the fixing in some way.
Dominus
Site Admin

Re: Attn: Dominus (Pentagram & Intel Mac)

Post by Dominus »

I just tested with a fresh checkout, using MacPorts and building it via bootstrap/configure/make.
Works fine. Sorry...

Strange that it fails in there, since there has nothing been done to it neither by Fingolfin or me.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

I imagine that may help. It narrows it down a little. It's not OS specific at any rate. Whether it's architecture-related (like endianness) or something to do with Fink-provided libraries (which I use) I couldn't say, but it's something to add to the bug report.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Maybe config.log has some insight.
Also it could very well be a problem introduced by Fink, since I guess they are struggling with 10.6 problems as well atm...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!