2 frame animation & boat sitting again

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Tim

2 frame animation & boat sitting again

Post by Tim »

I just downloaded the snapshot dated 11-3. The entire party now moves with only 2 frame animation instead of 3. In the original, only the Avatar did that and I always wondered why. I liked it when I played with Exult and saw that he now walked like the rest of the people. :) Changelog said this would eventually become an option?

The entire party still does not sit on the boat when I get on. :( Shamino and Dupre just stand there, not even moving toward the ship. Would it work if I started over?
drcode
Site Admin

Re: 2 frame animation & boat sitting again

Post by drcode »

Hmm, I wondered how long before someone would complain. I tried staring at the original last night, and it really looks like the entire party walks with the 2-frame animation. The 3-frame never looked right to me, as the characters seem to move farther than they're stepping (like watching a GameBoy or Snes game).

I guess we should make it an option.

If you want me to look at the boat problem, submit a bug with a (zipped) savegame. Starting over won't help.
XxVenomxX

Post by XxVenomxX »

I like the 2 stepping animation better myself, because as you said, it looks like they're stepping too far, but with the middle frame, it takes to looking like the Avatar is ice-skating along :) I'm happy with either though.
http://venom.gamersgraveyard.com
Fantasy art/Illustration by Brendan Setaro
wjp
Site Admin

Post by wjp »

Didn't the original use the 3-step animation when you're walking at the slowest speed? (ie. with the shortest green arrow)

Can't really remember, though
XxVenomxX

Post by XxVenomxX »

*fires up his original*

Nope, mine didn't anyways.
http://venom.gamersgraveyard.com
Fantasy art/Illustration by Brendan Setaro
Tim

Post by Tim »

The Avatar always had the 2-frame animation. Everyone else "ice skated". :) Good analogy Venom. hehe.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I submitted the bug. I guess I'm nobody. :)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

And you messed up sending the savegame :-)
You can send this savegame to me. Zip it up please. Could be that this was the problem that sourceforge didn´t take the savegame. And log in to sf before submitting a bug. This way you will get notifications on what happens to the bug.
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
drcode
Site Admin

Post by drcode »

Should be fixed (well, more or less:-)) in the next snapshot.
Tim

Post by Tim »

More or less? :)
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

could be that you have to try sitting down more than once (clicking on the sail).
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
Tim

Post by Tim »

Ok... that's not a problem.

Now... driving the boat seems much more difficult than I remember in the original. I feel like I'm parallel parking with a limosine when I try to dock. :) No big deal, it just takes me a while.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

Hmm, I remember handling ships and carriages as difficult in the original. Just as it is with Exult :-)
--
Read the Rules!
Tim

Post by Tim »

Well, I always used a little trick in the original.

If you had an object near you on your side...

I always moved toward that side with the smallest arrow. The ship would move sideways toward the coast or dock.

That still works in Exult, but it's not as easy as I remember. The ship turns toward the arrow more often now. At least I think so.

Maybe I just need a refresher course. :)

Another annoying thing in both the original and Exult is birds near the coast. You can't sail through them. Damn things anyway.