powder keg not opening door

NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Forum rules
NOTICE: This forum is archived as read only.
Please use the Github Discussions at https://github.com/exult/exult/discussions
Muze

powder keg not opening door

Post by Muze »

Trying to get the hoe of destruction.

So the powder keg does nothing on the shed door. I even tried three of them. I used the powder keg on a nearby unlocked wooden door and the door disappeared but it doesn't work on the shed door. Does anyone know why?

Alternately, I can't find the dead fish near the lake with the key either. The trash is almost completely cleaned up. Does the fish key disappear along with the rest of the mess?
Pegbyter

Re: powder keg not opening door

Post by Pegbyter »

Powder kegs don't work on THAT particular door... You either have to have the key, (not sure if the cleanup affects that with the fish.. I know the fish is hidden near some garbage or something.. It's not obvious unfortunately..) Or.... Cheat Teleport your way into the shed and just grab it..
TDI

Post by TDI »

I think that the fish containing the key may itself be contained in another dead animal, like a gator, but I may be mistaken.

Also, you can destroy some chests and doors by attacking them (at least in the original).
Dale

Post by Dale »

The fish isn't in another animal. If I didn't already have it in my current playthrough, I'd get the location for you... but alas...

If memory serves correctly.. one of the benefits of the lake cleanup was that the key was supposed to end up in the hands of the mayor or someone else if you didn't find it... maybe get talking to the townsfolk.
BH4

Post by BH4 »

Malignant Manor
Site Admin

Post by Malignant Manor »

Actually the door can be blown open in the original. Exult just fails to blow it up.
agentorangeguy

Post by agentorangeguy »

Try a cannon? I think they actually work now.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ultima 6 Mod for Exult site: http://www.ultima6.realmofultima.com/
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

I'm very sure that even in the original, the door can not be blown open. It can only be opened with the key inside the fish on the western shore of the lake.
Dominus
Site Admin

Post by Dominus »

yeah, I thought it was impossible to blow it open, too...
--
Read the documentation and the FAQ! There is no excuse for not reading them! RTFM
Read the Rules!
We do not support Piracy/Abandonware/Warez!
Malignant Manor
Site Admin

Post by Malignant Manor »

I'm very sure that even in the original, the door can not be blown open. It can only be opened with the key inside the fish on the western shore of the lake.
You're wrong.
Paulon

Post by Paulon »

It took me ages to find the key. I always just blew the door down with a cannon in the original, even after I did find it. It was less hassle that way.
Jaesun

Post by Jaesun »

Sadly I have played this so many times, I know exactly where the key is.